chapter.23

An play the song attached when I say to

Eliza POV

Homecoming. My first school dance and I can honestly say I'm excited. I've never really had a steady boyfriend, let alone gone to a school event with one. So this is exciting for not only me but my mother as well.

"It's a good thing I had this lying around. I can't believe he waited until so last minute to ask." she tutted as she led me into her massive closet of designer clothes.

She has a slight shopping addiction, but she makes great money and with the alimony and child support from my dad, she's sitting pretty.

"Okay I know you aren't a big fan of red, but I've always loved how it looks on you."

She pulls out this gorgeous red dress with  lace embellishes on the bottom and a slim belt at the waist. It looks like it only reaches about mid thigh, maybe even higher than that. So I'm grateful for the high neckline and long sleeves.

"It's going to look so good on you, honey. Go try it on! I want to see it before you leave to Julie's."

She pushes me off to change behind the curtain while she takes a seat on a small chair.

As soon as I have the dress on I just know it's extremely short. The dress is lovely though.

"Oh, darling. It's wonderful." she says in awe as I walk out from behind the changing curtain.

"Thank you mom." I smile before going back to change into my regular clothes.

Within the hour Julie is texting me that they are outside and to hurry up. I quickly grab my shoes, earrings and clutch as well as my garment bag before rushing out the door.

I cannot wait for tonight.
+
"Girls! The boys are here!"

Along with Harry asking me to Homecoming on Thursday, later that day Niall asked Juls. It's all very exciting.

After hearing her mom from down stairs, we look at each other and smile. We add the finishing touches and walk out of her room, carefully descending the stairs.

Once we reached the landing we could see the boys all standing there. Immediately I focused on Harry.

He looked incredible. He looks up and a smile graces his beautiful face as he sees me, taking my hand and helping me down the last three steps.

"Love, you look brilliant." he mumbles, pressing a kiss to my temple.

"So do you, Haz."
+
It is now about 10:45, the dance is almost over and they haven't played one slow song. Yes, I have danced with Harry but I'm not very good at that kind of dancing. And I know he could tell.

"Babe, we can just leave and go hang out at my house or yours if you'd like." Harry says, rubbing my back with his hand.

We're standing next to the door, where there is a slight draft. It was getting too warm in the middle of everything.

"I just want one slow song. And then we can leave."

"Okay, love."
+
*start song here*

Within ten minutes my wish was granted as Roses by MacKenzie Bourg came through the speakers. A smile slowly starts to form as the intro plays.

"I love this song." I smile, turing to Harry. He is already looking at me, a slight smirk on his face.

"I know. I requested it. Just for you." he gives me a cheesy smile, which I quickly return.

"You little sneak. Aren't you just a cheeky thing." I tease as I laugh. I can't believe he requested this song for me.

What a dream boat.

He takes my hand and pulls me to the floor.

"Let's dance."

He turns around to face me, pulling me close. He holds my right hand in his left, while his right hand is on the small of my back pulling me closer towards him.

I rest my head on his shoulder, just enjoying the moment. He rests his chin on top of my head, lightly humming the words.

I pull back, looking at him. He smiles down at me, looking into my eyes. I look all over his face, taking him in.

I can't believe he wanted me. He truly wanted me and I've never been happier.

He makes me feel things I've never felt. He takes the pain away. I feel like nothing has ever been this good. Even Dr.Blake agreed in my last session, maybe he really is what I needed. I needed to find him, and now that I have I don't want to let him go.

"I love you." I say as I continue to stare at him. "I am in love with you. I love you so much, my heart hurts. I love you and I've never been happier in my life. I am in love with you, Harry Styles. So in love with you."

We stop moving. Standing there, frozen in the ocean like movement of those around us. It's like we're the only two people in the room as his eyes bore into mine. I know he loves me.

I know he does, even if he doesn't say it. I just know he lov-

"I love you too Eliza. So much. I am so in love with you, too."

+-

AN I thoroughly enjoyed writing this. It was probably my favorite chapter to write just because I love love so much. And the song in this chapter has easily become one of my favorites.