chapter. 7

Lily is QUEEN. just look at her.

Eliza POV

I decided last night, in between the extensive amount of tears, that I will ignore Harry. I won't let him get to me and I certainly wont pay the slightest attention to him.That is what I should have been doing this whole time, I shouldn't have given in to him and said yes to that "date". I don't date. I knew this. Last night was the exact reason why. Guys are assholes and I'm too fragile for that. I can't sacrifice myself like that anymore. I need to be logical about these things, and the only way for me to be logical about boys is not Harry Styles. SO that's how it will be.

+

From the moment I awoke this morning I knew it would be cool out today. I checked the weather, to find that a rain storm was supposed to come through today. Great. This is what I need, a gloomy day to match my attitude.

I crawled out from the warm confines of my comforter and lazily walked to my closet. I pulled out a grey and black knit then pulled on a pair or dark washed skinny's. I quickly did my hair and put on some light eye shadow and mascara then slipped a cute necklace on to add something special to the outfit. I grabbed my black Michael Kors tote and bounded down the stairs. When I got to the kitchen I saw mother sitting at the table drinking her coffee and scrolling through something on her tablet.

I quickly walked to the fridge and pulled out some creme cheese to spread on the bagel I will put in the toaster. I stood in front of the small silver toaster waiting for my food to be ready. I quickly spread the creme and began to eat.

I knew that the ride to school would be very awkward, with mother trying to ask me questions about the boy that was supposed to but didn't show up last night. I didn't want to answer any questions. It should be very obvious to here what happened. There shouldn't be a need for her to ask questions as silly as that.

"How'd you sleep?" mom asks, giving a tentative glance towards me over the rim of her mug.

"Alright. Could have been better but.." I shrugged letting the sentence end.

"I'm sorry darling. Boys are very immature and... and they-"

"Mom." I interrupt her. "It's fine Mother, we don't need to talk about it." I wave her off to which she nods.

"Alright sweetie." she gives a solemn smile and continues looking at whatever she was previously.

I stand there quietly and eat my food, checking my phone a few times and then drinking a glass of water to wash everything down. I quickly run back up the stairs to brush my teeth then slip on my boots. Once back down stairs my mother is ready to leave, so I grba my bag and head ot the car grabbing a water on the way out.

+

"Hey Liz." Julie says as she happily approaches me in the halls on the way to my locker.

"Hi Juls." I smile.

"How's you night, lovely?" she asks going to stand in front of my locker once I open it. SHe leans against the one next to mine, paying as much attention to me as possible.

I deeply sigh. "Completely uneventful." I nod my head.

"Well since your night was so boring, you should come to mine on Friday. Sam wants to throw a party." she bust into fits of giggles and throws her head back.

"Why would he want to throw a party?" I ask closing my locker as we begin to walk.

"Mums and Pops are gonna be gone this weekend, something about wanting alone time. I'm not too sure, they probably are just going to have old people sex and then sleep the whole time. I don't care, point is, Sammy wants to throw a little party. So you're going to be there." she says pointedly as we sit down.