Chapter.8

AN: the image attatched, shows the hair length Eliza has at this point in the story. In the very first chapter I had described Eliza with short hair, but that happens later in the story. Remeber that the frst chater was writen at a later point in the year, the in the second chapter we went back nine months, the fast forwarded three months to get to this point in the story. So, again, the photo attatched is ELiza at this time.

btw. Lily is life goals

Eliza POV

I met mother at the office clerk's desk. She was signing her name and being handed back her identification just as I got to her side. She turned and smiled at me.

"Are you ready to go sweetie?" I nod my head. "You don't need to get anything from your locker?"

"What time is it?" I ask her, looking around to find a clock.

" It's 10:44." she says looking down at her wrist watch.

"I should probably get notes from Sam. I can't fall behind in Comp and Lit." I tell my mother.

"Okay, just meet me at the car when your done."she smiles warmly at me then walks out of the office.

I take a deep breath before texting same to meet me at my locker so I can get the notes from him. He replies almost instantly saying he's on his way. I slip my phone into my back pocket and head to my locker.

As I walk I try to take deep breaths.

Why did he follow me? I ask myself. If he didn't find the need to show last night, who the hell does he think he is following after me to "make sure I'm okay"? Its pure bull, and I hate it.

As I arrive at my locker I see Sam leaning against the one next to mine. His head turns from his phone and he smiles at me, I return it as I approach him. He pulls his back pack in front of him and opens it then pullling out his notebook titled 'comp/lit.'.

"Thank you so much." I say as I take it from him and slide it into my bag.

"No problem. What happened? Juls texted me saying you just ran out of class and that the asshole Brit followed you out." he explains.

Do I want to tell him? Do I want my only two friends to know I'm a freak? I suppose it wasn't that bad, people get anxiety and panic attacks all the time.

"I uh... I had a panic attack." I said looking down.

"Are you okay?" he asks, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm fine. My mom just wants to take me home is all." I sigh. "Tell Juls I'll text her later, yeah?"

"Of course. Get some rest." we hug and he walks to the cafeteria.

I open my locker and grab my my comp/lit book and my history book. I shut the locker and rest my head against it. I stand up straight and turn to walk out the front of the building. As I walk past the cafeteria doors, he steps in front of me.

"Excuse me." I say starin blankly at him.

"Please talk to me." he says stepping closer.

"My mom is waiting for me." I shift my weight between my feet, pushing my hair behind my left ear.

"Can I come over after school, and talk?" he asks.

"You don't know where I live." I laugh.

"I know things." he said seriously. "Please Liza."

My head jerks towards him. That name. No one called me that except her.

"Don't call me that." I say jerking my arm from his close grip. "If you show at my house I can't promise that I'll answer the door. Good luck with that." I say harshly before walking around him and out of the builing to my car. The second I slam the door my mom pulls out of the lot and speeds home.