chapter.5

That picture is fav. Lily so cute.

-

Eliza POV

I sit on my bed reading my favorite book, The Color Purple by Alice Walker. I love how the main character manages to work through all the things thrown at her, that are so beyond comprehension, and is able to regain control of her life.

As I finish the sixth chapter my phone buzzes beside me. I turn the page and set my book down before looking at my cellphone.

from: Julie:)

We'll be at ur house in 5. I'll hep you pick an out fit when we get there and then we can come back to my house:)

to: Julie:)

Okay! Sounds good

I quickly click the lock button on my iPhone5s and climb off my bed. I place my book on my nightstand and quickly pack an overnight bag and let my hair out of the braid I put it in after my shower.

It is finally Friday and I have to say that I am greatly appreciative that I switched schools because I love this one and the people here. Even though I hate to admit it, I am excited for this party.

Once my bag is packed and I changed out of my jeans into some spandex shorts and a tshirt I hear the doorbell ring. I quickly exit my room and bound down the stairs with my slightly wavy hair bouncing behind me. I look at my reflection in the hall mirror and see that I forgot to take off my glasses. Oh well.

"Hey!" Julie says happily when she sees me. We exchange a small hug, as do I and Sam.

"My mom isn't home." I announce. "So, Sam, if you want you can go into the kitchen and get some snacks or somtheing and we'll be down soon." I inform the boy as Julie is dragging me towards and up the stairs. I send him a smile before turning around and continuing to my bedroom.

+

"Juls I'm telling you, I've no party attire." I huff as I lean back on my mattress and exhale deeply. She has been ruffling through my closet and chest of drawers for over ten minutes.

"You must have something! At least a nice little dress maybe?" she turns to ask me. I nod my head and point to the wardrobe in the far corner of the room. She stalks over and opens it up taking in all the dresses I own. I do admit I own quite a bit of dresses. I've gone to a lot of weddings and funerals so each time I get to buy a new one.

I hear Julie gasp and I swear I recieve whiplash from craning my neck to see her.

"This is perfect!" she says holding out my favorite dress of all.

"I wore that to my Aunt's wedding last month, a true favorite." I gave a small smile which she reciprocated.

"Shoes?" she asks. I point to the trunk at the end of my bed and she goes to squat down in front of it. I hear it click open and she studies my shoes before pulling a pair out and smiling deviously. "C'mon" she smiles at me then pulls me up and leads me to the door and out to the car.

+

"You look fucking hot Liz!" Julie shrieks as she takes in my presentation. I've got to admit, I did look good.

"Thanks." I laugh and blush somewhat.

"Sam, let's go." she smiles to her big brother sitting on the couch. I watch as he gets up and stretches. He leads us to the car and we are off to the party.

+

It's been about an hour into the party and I can't find Julie or Sam. This is beginning to scare me. I do one last look around the main room before finding my way to the back. I find a small area where there happens to be no drunk tens and no horny teens. It is just nice and quiet.

"Why all by your lonesome?" none other asks.

I roll my eyes at him. "I can't find my friends."

"You can hang with me and mine?" he offers. I shake my head and say no.

"I'm just going to wait out here for them." I nod to him. He smiles.

"I'll get you one day Eliza. I'll get you to tell me." he gave a genuine smile and my heart almost literally melted.

I watch silently ad he turns around and walks off. I look down and shake my head.

"So fucking hot." I mumble to myself. I look up again to see Julie standing next to me with an enormous smile upon her face.

"Do you want to go home Juls?" I ask. She nods. "Let's go find Sam then." I sigh.

"He doesn't want to come. I asked him already. He said he'll get a ride form one of his football buddies." she says exasperatedly and I can tell she was out dancing just by her make up being smudged a little at the corner of her eyes and her hair is starting to stick to her. "He gave me the keys." she sighs and holds them up before handing them to me.

I take them from her and we walk to the car. Even though I technically am not legally allowed to drive, I still do. I have my permit and know every single rule there is to know.

On our way out I see Harry on a couch. A girl on his lap. Them making out. She pulls away and giggles. He smirks and looks around the room. Our eyes connect. His smirk fades. My heart sinks and my head drops.

"C'mon Juls." I say before grabbing her hand and pulling her out behind me.

I guess I shouldn't have been so excited about this party after all.

+-

I know its short! I'm sorry!!! I still love you!

The outfit for Liza in this chapter is on my polyvore:)

Thanks for reading xx