chapter.27

Eliza POV

Eliza POV

"So how is everything?" Dr.Blake asks.

"It's been better. I'm not getting sad all the time. I'm actually very happy." I say, looking straight ahead at the wall with all of her certificates hanging.

"Why do you say it like that?"

"Jake came to my house. His brother is at my school and he wanted to ask me to not tell his brother what happened." I sigh.

"Why did he think he needed to ask that?"

"I don't know, honestly. I didn't even know Sebastian was his brother until he showed at my house. And I certainly didn't plan on talking to Sebastian."

"But have you talked to him now?"

"What?" my head turns to look at her. What does she even mean?

"Have you talked to Sebastian now?"

"Well, yes. I guess you could call what happened a conversation. He came up to me at my locker the other day. Asked my name and then said he wanted to borrow my notes. I guess the teacher said I'm best in his class and that my notes would be his best option." I shrug.

"I'm guessing you gave him your notes?" I nod my head, she writes something down.

"Do you think I shouldn't have?"

"What do you think?" she asks back.

"I think it was weird that he asked me. A few weeks ago I was walking to class and I ran into him. Like literally. And when he introduced himself , he shook my hand and like held it for a weirdly creepy amount of time."

"And how'd you react to that?"

"I ran off to class and told Julie about it. Harry got a little wigged about it too."

"What did Julie say?" she asks as she writes more.

"She thinks he's hot." I laugh, messing with the hem of my shirt. "She said that if I wasn't with Harry, I would be with him."

"What do you think about that? Do you think that's true?" she asks as she pushes her glasses up.

"I don't know honestly. I've never really thought about anyone that way before Harry." I shrug. "I really don't know if it could have been true."

We sit there for a minute as I stare off.

"I love Harry. I really do."

"But do you think you could love someone other than Harry? If you had met someone before him?"

"I'd like to think no. But honestly I'm not sure. How can you ever be sure?" I say, shrugging my shoulders.

"That's the million dollar question, isn't it?" she smiles.
+
"So I have to go to this big Christmas party for my father next week." Harry says as we walk through town.

"That sounds, nice?" I laugh, looking up at him.

"I was wondering if you wanted to come with me?"

"You want me to go with you to a grown up party?" I laugh.

"It's a gala, actually. For my dad's work." he shrugs.

"Where is it?" I ask as we continue walking.

"Atlanta."

"Haz that's three hours away."

"I know. But my dad says he'll send a car for us so we don't have to drive" Harry says.

"That's very nice of him. If you want me to be there I will be." I smile at him.

"Good, I don't think I could do it if you weren't there." he says, taking my hand and swinging them back and forth.

"Well I'm flattered." I smile up at him, pressing a kiss to his cheek. "Do you think you can take me home?"

"Yeah." he nods his head. "It's getting kinda cold out, let's head back to the car. C'mon." he says, resting his hand on the small of my back.

He turns us around and leads the way to his car before driving me home.
+-