chapter.4

Eliza POV

"Liz!" Julie shrieks when she sees me approach her. My pace picks up and I walk up to her and  her arms are wide open. She embraces me in a warm hug and squeezes me before letting go. 

"Hey." I smile genuinely. 

"How was Gym?" she asked me. 

"That Harry kid you told me about..." I began as we walked to the lunch line.

"What about him?" she said skeptically.

"He have a sister?" I asked, still strung on the girl he walked out with.

"Yea..."

"Short, blonde..?" I say.

"Short, yes. But last time I saw her she wasn't blonde. But she does like to die her hair a lot." she xplained while grabbing a tray.

"How do you know so much about his family?" I laughed a little.

"We we're friends I guess when he transfered but then he started sleeping with all these girls so I stopped talking to him." she explained.

"Oh. Makes sense." I shrugged after we got out of the line. 

I looked around the room to see an empty table. I spot a table and look to tell Julie. But it seems I am tooIlate because she is already on her way to a table right in the middle of the whole room. I quickly catch up with her and sit next to her at the empty table.

"So I was hoping to look around the school after last period. Will I get in trouble or something?" I ask her before eating one of my fries. 

"No, no , no." she laughs a little. "After about 4:30 the gaurds go around and start checking to see if people are still around before they lock everything up." she informs me.

"Oh okay then." I tell her. I open up my water bottle and take a sip. As I set the bottle back on my tray I hear a chair next to me being pulled out. I look to my left and find Sam sitting next to me.

"Hey little one." he said, probably reffering to my age.

"Hi grandpa." I retort.

"So you have met Juls." he says.

"And you've met my asshat of a step-brother." Julie laughed at him.

"Step siblings?" I ask them both.

"Dad married Juls mom when I was about five." Sam explained. "I've been stuck with that brat ever since." he said gesturing to Julie. 

"You love me." Julie said smiling at him.

"Yea, yea." he laughed.

 I sat there laughing as the two bickered.  It was amazing that a situation like this could make me laugh so hard, especially after the incident that started my insanity. 

"Okay." Julie said quieting down her laughs. "We have Algebra 2 next. It's on the opposite end of the school. So we should leave now." with that she scooped up her bag and carried her tray to the trash. I quickly followed her and was practically heaving because of the quick pace. 

"You know, you really should start taking bigger steps if you want to keep up with me." she looked at me. "You're so short, I swear." she laughed, putting her arm around my shoulder and hauling me behind her.

"Hey not everyone can be like five foot ten or something. I'm only five foot five. Even with heels I'm shorter than you, and then add on that you have heels on. I'm no mathc." I shrugged. 

She just laguhed. I swear the whole way to the class she just laughed. When we got to the class, she led to me to the niddle of the desk cluster and we sat down.