8.

10 March 2015
2:05pm

JUNGKOOK

Today, Jin hyung had called up for contractors to renovate some of the rooms and studios in the building. They had come as early as ten in the morning and were doing a great job.

I was curious about how they would be renovating the rooms and headed over to the third floor to find for them. As I came out of the lift, I saw a man exiting a room with a wheelbarrow.

"Annyeong!" I greeted as I bowed at him.

He greeted back with a warm smile.

"Do you need help?" I asked as I approached him.

"Uh, no but I think you can check with my friends in the room. They might need some help," the kind gentleman responded, pointing to a room.

I nodded and entered the room he pointed to. Inside the room, there were three other men, one painting the ceiling and the other two pasting a brown wallpaper on the wall. I greeted them and asked whether I could help.

They accepted my help and allowed me to paint the ceiling with one of them. I even held conversations, trying to make them feel more comfortable. Thirty minutes later, one of them came back with a plastic bag in his hand.

"The girl at the lobby is really nice to give me some biscuits," he said as he approached me.

Huh?

At that moment, I was confused.

"What girl?" I asked him, cocking my head to a side.

"Oh you know, the girl at the lobby with the cute middle-parting hair," he responded, smiling.

I immediately halted my work, giving him a baffled look.

What is he talking about? We don't have any girls in this building...

"Was she in the lobby or outside the lobby?" I questioned again.

"Inside, of course," the contractor replied as he ate the biscuits that was in the plastic bag.

"Do you want some?" He offered me some of them.

"Uh- no, no. It's okay," I responded, shaking my head.

I became slightly curious about the girl the contractor had mentioned. Due to that, I told him and the rest that I was going for lunch before heading down to the first floor of the building.

As the lift doors opened, I exited before glancing around in the lobby to look for the girl the contractor was talking about. However, I did not see any girl. In fact, there was no one in the lobby.

I headed out of the building and checked the front compound but again, I was unable to see any 'girl'. I headed back into the building and felt a gust of cool breeze as I entered. That made my hair into a mess so I naturally flipped it to the left side.

That was when I realised the portrait hanging on the wall. It was still here. I thought my hyungs had taken it down but obviously they had not. I stood in front of the portrait and glanced over the three faces in the picture.

The young girl in the centre was very pretty. She had big, glittery eyes and—

middle-parting hair?

I was startled.

Was she the 'girl' the contractor was talking about?

But how could it be? I mean, the contractor said that the 'girl' gave him some biscuits and this girl in the portrait is--in a portrait so...

"Ah, whatever," I scoffed to myself before walking out of the building.

I did not even know why I was thinking so much.

It's so unlike me.