38.

17 March 2015
8:10pm

JUNGKOOK

The seven of us immediately headed to a lift and pressed for the sixth floor. We alighted from the lift seconds later and turned to the left where the long corridor was at. I was unfamiliar with this floor since there was nothing much here. I only knew there was a balcony at the very end of the corridor and that was all.

"Uhm, follow me," A-rang uttered as she led us to the front of a room.

"Psst, Somi––isn't this that room?" I heard Taehyung whispering to Somi.

I turned to look at the two of them and saw Somi giving a slight nod.

What room are they referring to? I wondered.

A-rang placed her hand on the door knob of the room and turned it open. She found the light switch to the room and switched the lights on. The room was empty. The seven of us stepped in and scanned around the room to find for another door that may lead to another room. However, there was no visible door anywhere.

"Uh- A-rang, there isn't any other door here," Jeni stated, folding her arms.

"There is––it's hidden," A-rang responded before heading towards a wall.

She bent down in front of it before reaching the bottom part. I was astounded to see her lifting a lid that was attached to the wall before she pressed a button.

We all gasped as the wall separated into two until it was as wide as a door, our eyes widened in disbelief. I had no idea there was a secret room in this building.

That was when we smelt an awful stench coming from the dark room in front of us. I was the first to run into the room. I fumbled around trying to find for the light switch. As soon as I found it I immediately turned it on. As the room brightened up, I let out a silent gasp seeing a white body bag lying at the very end of the room.

"Jimin..." I muttered to myself as I headed to the body bag with tears streaming down my cheeks.

Taehyung, J-Hope and Suga came over immediately when I kneeled down beside the body bag while the girls just stood behind us. I quickly unzipped the top part of body bag and was jolted out of my skin. I let out a scream right away. It was Jimin, however, there was a nail in his eye and another pierced through his left cheek.

"What the heck..." Suga muttered in disbelief.

"Oh my god! How did this h-happen? Oh my god," Taehyung holding his head, close to fainting.

He stood up before staggering backwards, trying to prevent himself from puking or passing out. Unlike him, J-Hope was sobbing really hard beside me when he saw Jimin's state.

"I was too late to save him..." He mumbled in netween his sobs.

"Guys, I'm so sorry that this had to happen..." Jeni spoke.

I just shook my head, wiping my tears away before zipping the body bag up.

"We need to bury his body," I told the rest as I stood up.

"How? It's already dark outside," Taehyung stated.

"I don't care! We need to bury him!" I exclaimed, frowning.

My sudden outburst startled them all. I sighed. I just wanted Jimin to rest in peace.

"Jungkook, we can't just go out carrying a body bag in public! What will people think of us?" Jeni stated.

"Then, do you have a car? Just drive me to a cemetery. I'll dig his grave myself," I asserted.

"Jungkook..." Jeni uttered my name as her eyes softened seeing me like this.

I looked away from her in annoyance, giving her a glare at the same time.

"I uh- have my car but I... parked it across the street at the parking lot," Suga initiated, rubbing his neck sheepishly.

I heaved a sigh of relief.

"Oh okay, great. Thanks hyung," I uttered, before bending down to pick up the body bag.

Taehyung, J-Hope and Suga helped me out in lifting Jimin's body up as we slowly made our way out of the small room.

"Jungkook, we're not done here..." Somi said as she followed us from behind.

I looked to her before rolling my eyes.

"The three of you solve your own problems yourselves! All I know is that my problem is solved," I told her.

I knew I was being self-centred but why would I want to waste my time trying to solve this bunch of girls' problems?

It just doesn't make sense for me to do so. Besides, my best friend is already dead because of what they had done in the past.

Taehyung abruptly stopped at his tracks, making the other three of us carrying the body bag with him, stop as well.

"I'll come back," Taehyung assured Somi.

I just rolled my eyes and insisted him to continue carrying the body bag. The four of us then headed down to the lobby with Jimin's decomposing body before placing it gently on a sofa.

"I'll go get my car and drive it to the front. You guys stay here, okay?" Suga said.

The three of us just nodded. With that, Suga hyung rushed out of the building before crossing the street to get to the parking lot at the other side. While waiting, I just stared at the body bag. I really wondered who had placed him in the body bag.

Just then, someone's phone started ringing loudly in the lobby. We checked our phones before realising that it was coming from J-Hope's phone. He quickly slide a finger across the screen of his phone before answering the call.

"Hello?"