37.

17 March 2015
7:30pm

A-RANG

-flashback-

"Mr Lee! Here!" The other me, said.

She was looking up the staircase. Seconds later, a man appeared, rushing down the stairs. I gasped. I remembered this.

"Come A-rang, let's go," Mr Lee said.

Tears started trickling down my cheeks as I recalled this incident. I was the one who helped Mr Lee escaped from the fire. I watched as Mr Lee and the other me left through the backdoor. I cupped my face, sobbing in my hands as the memory of the fire outbreak came back to me.

"Rin... I'm so sorry..." I muttered as I continued sobbing.

-end of flashback-

I suddenly felt someone shaking me aggressively.

"A-rang! Snap out of it! A-rang!" I heard someone yelling.

I pulled away my hands to see Somi in front of me.

"Somi!" I exclaimed before embracing her into a hug.

I felt afraid. I looked behind her and there stood the rest, looking all worried.

"It was all my fault! I shouldn't have done it!" I told Somi as I grabbed her wrists.

I then leaned forward to her ear.

"She's going to kill me for what I've done..." I whispered.

I pulled back, shivering in fear as I thought about it. Somi just looked to me, her eyes softened however, she just stayed silent.

Why? Why is she not saying anything?

Jeni came to us and kneeled down beside me.

"A-rang, what's happening to you? Why were you running around like that?" She asked, very baffled.

"W-what do you mean? Didn't you see the fire?" I asked before glancing around the lobby.

Wait, where's the fire?

"There's no fire, A-rang..." Jeni replied, looking to me with slight concern.

I was just speechless. I could recall everything that had happened awhile ago so vividly.

"We should let her go home," Yoongi spoke out of a sudden from behind Somi.

"Yes please, let me go home! I don't want to stay here anymore," I begged Somi and Jeni.

I had done what they wanted and that was to apologise to Rin.

They have to let me go... they have to.

Somi nodded.

"Yeah, okay sure," she said before bringing me up with her as she stood up.

"Come, A-rang, let's go."

Yoongi's words got me into a hallucination.

It reminded me of what Mr Lee had said––just now or was it seven years ago?

Ahhh- I'm going insane!

"Don't ever say that!" I yelled at him as I cupped my ears.

"W-what did I say?" Yoongi asked, looking very worried.

He placed a hand on my shoulder but I quickly shrugged it off.

"Uh- nothing nothing. Let's just get going," I said instead.

The six of them there gave confused looks but headed to the entrance of the building together with me. I was walking behind them when I felt the surroundings becoming hot––again.

I started sweating as the heat grew stronger causing me to stop at my tracks. My 'friends', who were at the front, had already left the building, leaving me behind in the lobby.

As I was trying to catch up with them, the automated glass doors suddenly shut closed in front of me. I was jolted out of my skin as my eyes grew big. I knew I could not get out through those doors.

Rin doesn't want me to.

I saw my 'friends' hitting their fists on the glass doors, trying to break them open.

"A-rang!" I heard Yoongi shouting my name.

I shook my head at him as I stood at my position. The heat around me grew intensely, causing my legs to feel weak. I fell to my knees before cupping my face as tears streamed down my cheeks.

"Rin, I'm so sorry! I'm so so sorry! Please... stop this..." I pleaded with my fists.

That was when I saw a figure at the periphery of my right eye. I turned my head to that direction and saw her––Rin. I shivered at the sight of her. She was all burnt up but I could see that she was staring right into my soul.

"You think saying 'sorry' is enough?" I heard her saying.

"I-I know what I did back then was foolish! I-I was just thirteen!" I exclaimed anxiously.

It was true. I was thirteen seven years ago and so was Somi and––Boram. That thought just got me to sob even harder.

There was no response from Rin, however, she suddenly appeared in front of me, hovering.

"I won't let you go this easily," she asserted.

"But before anything, you need to help my friend find his body," Rin continued.

With that, she disappeared. Seconds later, the automated glass doors unlocked, widening. At the same time, a piece of note could be seen floating about in the air before it landed just beside me. I picked it up before reading it.

It wrote, in bold:

SPARE ROOM

Spare room?

Just then, my 'friends' rushed into the building before circling around me.

"It's Rin again, right?" Somi asked, looking down at me on the floor.

I nodded, showing them the note as I stood up.

"Rin told me to help her friend find his body but I-I don't know who she was referring to..." I uttered.

"It's definitely Jimin," Jungkook asserted, sounding very certained.

"But what does it have to do with the 'spare room'?" Taehyung asked as he read the note.

We all thought for a moment.

"Jimin's body must be in the spare room!" Jeni exclaimed all of a sudden.

"But... what spare room?" J-Hope asked.

"I think I know where it is. It's on the sixth floor."

I was sure because it was a secret room where I...

had escaped the fire outbreak with Mr Lee.