36.

17 March 2015
6:00pm

SOMI

"What are you talking about?!" A-rang yelled at me as she stood up on her feet.

"Don't you remember?" I asked her firmly.

"Remember what?!" She exclaimed anxiously.

"Remember when you––"

"What did you see just now? Tell me, tell me," Jeni cut me off, speaking to A-rang, as her curiosity grew.

"Umm, umm... there was a huge fire––there," A-rang responded, pointing towards the lifts.

"And err... there was someone standing in the middle of the fire. I don't know who it was though..." A-rang continued, looking afraid.

It then hit me. The lifts was where I saw Boram the other time, all burnt up and... saddened.

Did A-rang actually see Boram though? But isn't Boram already banished from the parallel world since Rin had killed her?

There were a lot of questions in my head.

17 March 2015
6:10pm

JIMIN

"Why did you do that?" I asked Rin, cocking an eyebrow.

Rin had purposely made one of the girls in the lobby to see her in the middle of a fire. The girl, who I had no idea who she was, fell to her knees, trembling in fear.

Rin turned to look at me.

"That girl––she was the who planned to kill Boram and I," she uttered.

"I don't understand. Wasn't it Somi...?" I mumbled, a little confused.

Rin shook her head.

"Somi and some other trainees started the fire but that girl––she had planned it all with err..." Rin paused, still pointing her finger to the same girl.

"With...?" I asked in curiosity.

Her finger started trembling.

"My husband..." She muttered before looking down to the ground in disappointment.

My jaw dropped slightly hearing what she had said.

"H-How?" Again, I was confused.

"He didn't die in the fire with Boram and I. That girl over there––she helped him escaped," Rin uttered, shaking her head in disapproval.

"I thought he loved Boram and I but it looks like he doesn't and the worst thing is that––Boram didn't know about this, " she continued with a solemn tone.

"I'm so sorry," I was unsure what to say.

She shook her head.

"No, it's not your fault," she said.

There was an awkward silence before I asked her a question.

"So I'm uh... a little curious. How did he escaped?" I asked Rin.

Rin started laughing out of a sudden.

"There was a spare room! I didn't even know it existed!" She exclaimed before sniggering in a very insidious way.

I had no idea what was going on with her but I knew she was not in her right mind anymore.

"What spare room are you referring to?" I questioned.

"You don't know? The one connecting to the meeting room and the exit staircase? Tchh," Rin scoffed.

"I don't know about any spare room..." I muttered softly.

17 March 2015
6:45pm

A-RANG

"Jeni, Somi, I believe you so can you guys please let me go now. I don't want to stay here," I begged the two of them.

"No, no, you have to apologise to Rin!" Jeni yelled at me.

Just then, the boys, who were outside awhile ago, entered the building. I was about to run towards them but Jeni and Somi blocked my way before pushing me further into the lobby.

"Alright, alright, I'm sorry Rin! I'm so sorry!" I shouted loudly.

Nothing much happened.

"Done, done! I'll go now!" I exclaimed  before dashing past the five of them, heading for the exit.

Then suddenly, a wall of fire came out of nowhere, blocking the entrance of the building. I stopped just in time, leaving only a few centimetres of gap from the fire. I was jolted out of my skin so I screamed.

I headed back towards my 'friends' and ran past them, heading for the back exit. I knew this building really well so I knew there was a backdoor––near the staircase.

"A-rang! Stop running!" Somi yelled across as she ran after me.

I ignored her and ran like a lunatic to the backdoor. I saw the door from afar and was about to head to it when another fire suddenly burst out from below. I screamed again. I staggered backwards anxiously and tripped on my foot, falling to the ground before landing on my butt.

That was when I saw a figure at the staircase. I froze––utterly stunned. At the top of the staircase was someone so ethereal I knew for sure it was not human. I backed away, sliding my butt across the floor. That was when I felt a wall behind me and I knew I could not go back any further. I looked to the figure and it was slowly coming towards me.

The figure became defined as it approached my direction. Looking at its features, I realised something familiar and knew right away it was Rin. I started sweating in cold sweat.

"No, please. I'm sorry, I'm really sorry!" I pleaded.

-flashback-

At that point in time, Rin disappeared from my sight. However, there was a sudden difference in the surroundings. Everything has changed.
A huge smoke could be seen coming from the staircase and at the corner of my eye, I saw a girl, standing at the end of it. My eyes grew big realising who it was. It was––

me,

from seven years ago.