41.

18 March 2015
10:30am

TAEHYUNG

I was at the dining room, eating breakfast with J-Hope when Jungkook and Suga walked in, looking at us before heading to the kitchen to get something for breakfast.

"Hyung, you slept here yesterday?" J-Hope asked, looking at Suga.

"Yeah, I told you already. I'm staying with you guys," Suga responded as he searched through some cabinets for food.

J-Hope just nodded. Minutes later, Jungkook and Suga came over to us at the dining room, placing their bowls of cereal on the table.

"Are the girls still here?" Jungkook asked, not looking up from his food.

"Nope, I told them to go home," I responded before taking another spoonful of my own cereal.

"Tchh," Jungkook scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"They're coming back again later, aren't they?" He asked, sounding agitated.

"Yeah..." I uttered.

Jungkook just shook his head in annoyance, rolling his eyes again.

"I thought I was the only feeling––pissed off," J-Hope spoke.

"But... shouldn't we help them since Jina is involved so––"

"Don't bring Jina into this!" J-Hope exclaimed out of a sudden.

The three of us at the table with him were startled by his outburst.

"Ugh, I'm going to take a walk," he continued before storming out of the dining room.

I sighed before turning to look at Suga.

"Hyung, you will help, right?" I asked him with pleading eyes.

I had no idea why I wanted to help the girls though. I truly know that I would not get anything out of it but I felt like it was just wrong not to help.

"I don't know, Tae, I really don't know," Suga uttered.

"What's the point of helping? Our case is over- let them settle the rest themselves! It's not like we're involved in the fire or something," Jungkook added before rolling his eyes, again.

"What's your problem, man," I scoffed, giving him a glare.

"Your tuition teacher is involved too. Don't you want to help her?" I cocked an eyebrow at him.

"Yah- whatever! I don't care!" Jungkook exclaimed before pushing his chair backwards forcefully, causing a loud, screeching sound.

He then threw his bowl into the sink, creating clacking noises before storming out of the dining room.

"Yah! Who's going to wash your bowl!" Suga shouted across to Jungkook.

However, Jungkook simply ignored his hyung, not giving a damn.

As soon as he left, Suga turned to face me with a frown.

"Seriously Tae, why do you have to do this now?" He asked, shaking his head in disapproval.

"What did I do wrong?" I asked, not feeling guilty at all.

"Forget it," Suga uttered before heading to the sink.

18 March 2015
4:05pm

J-HOPE

I was already at Incheon Airport, waiting for Jina's arrival. Minutes later, I saw her, together with other passengers on the same flight as her, streaming out of the arrival hall.

She was pushing a trolley filled with baggages and was glancing around, trying to find for me. I gave her a few waves before she eventually found me at a corner. She immediately approached me with a huge smile.

"Hoseok, hi! It's been so long since we last met," Jina greeted.

I chuckled as I headed to her to give her a hug. She hugged me back warmly before pulling away.

"Nah, it was just a year ago when we last met. Nothing much has changed except err..." I paused.

Right at that moment, Jina's cheery face turned gloomy. She stared at me, her eyes starting to glisten as she knew what I was going to say.

"I-I didn't even get to wish him 'goodbye'..." Jina muttered in a depressing tone.

I stayed silent and just watched as she cupped her face with her palms. She began shedding tears silently as her hair fell in front of her, covering her face.

My eyes softened seeing her like that so I ended up embracing her with another hug. She leaned in, crying uncontrollably on my chest. As she cried, I brushed my fingers through her hair, trying to comfort her. We stayed like this for about five minutes before she pulled away.

"Let's go," she insisted as she made a move first, pushing her trolley.

I caught up with her before leading her to the carpark of the airport. I had rented a car today, specially for Jina, since I knew that she would be having a lot of baggages with her. I was right.

Soon, we reached the sedan that I had rented and threw the baggages into its boot. We then hopped into the car before I revved its engine and drove off from the airport.

"So where do I bring you to?" I asked Jina.

"My parents' house. I haven't seen them for so long already," she responded.

I just nodded and sped up at the highway. On our ride to her parents' house, there was an awkward silence between us before she started speaking.

"Hoseok," she uttered my name out of a sudden.

"Yeah?" I asked, my hands still on the steering wheel.

"I err- did many terrible things... Do you think they will forgive me?" She asked as she looked at me.

"Who's 'they'?" I asked as I glanced over to her, confused.

"My parents..." She muttered.

"Ah, your parents, I see. What 'terrible things' did you do then?" I asked, looking back to the road in front of me.

She did not give an immediate response but instead, let out a sigh. I glanced over to her to see her staring down to her shoes. That made me thought about it.

Was she really involved in the- fire?

"I err... killed some people... in a fire..." She uttered hesitantly.

Right at that moment, my heart sank as a sudden flash of disappointment took over my emotions.

"So what they said was true."