23.

15 March 2015
11:45pm

SOMI

The minute I stepped into the building, the surroundings became warm and stuffy. Beads of perspiration started forming on my forehead, trickling down the sides of my face.

The further I walked into the lobby of the building, the more hotter the atmosphere was. It became immensely hot as I reached the lifts. I started wiping the sweat away with my sleeves but more kept forming.

I started feeling giddy all of a sudden and placed my hand on the wall beside the lifts. Tears started streaming down my eyes as the intense heat kept building up.

"Boram... I-I-I'm sorry... Can you please stop this..." I muttered under my sobs.

That was when I felt a sudden presence on my left. As I turned to the direction, my jaw dropped slightly in utter shock.

A figure was staring immensely at me with blood trickling down her eyes. Her skin was all burnt up but what was surprising was her hair that was parted perfectly in the middle.

I knew immediately she was––

Boram.

I cried even harder remembering what I had done years ago.

-flashback-

"Hey Somi, I heard you don't like Boram, am I right?" My friend, A-rang, asked me.

I was unsure what to reply so instead, I gave a slight nod. At that moment, a smirk could be seen on A-rang's face.

"Alright, here's some bleach. Put it in Boram's contact lenses for me, thanks."

I took the bleach from her and stared hard at it. I was hesitant to do what she wanted but I ended up doing it when Boram was still sleeping in her room. I poured some of the bleach into her contact lenses casing, which was in her bathroom before leaving the room sneakily.

Moments later, I heard a loud scream coming from Boram's room. I immediately went finding for A-rang and her friends, the people who despised Boram.

"She's complaining it to her parents––I think it's the best time to set a fire."

I was in complete shock hearing what A-rang had said. She realised that I had a troubled look on my face and told me,

"You can't chicken out now, Somi. If you do, we will tell them that it was you who put the bleach in her contact lenses."

Her words hit me hard in the head. I was worried she might tell on me so I did whatever she wanted and that was––to set the building on fire.

When Boram was complaining to her parents about what had happened to her, we secretly poured some gasoline outside the meeting room they were in.

"Somi... it's your cue," A-rang whispered into my ears.

Tears started trickling down my cheeks as I held a lighter in front of me. I really did not want to do it.

"Somi! What are you waiting for?!" A-rang exclaimed at me.

I immediately turned the lighter on and threw it at the pool of gasoline. The group of us, trainees, ran off, leaving the building to burn down in flames.

-end of flashback-

"Bo-Boram... I-I'm so-sorry..." I stuttered seeing Boram's conditions.

She just stared at me murderously, not saying anything. Soon after, I fell to the ground as the intense heat grew over me.

Just then, the lift doors opened and there coming out of the lift were five guys, two of which were familiar––Taehyung and Jungkook. The atmosphere immediately became cooler.

"Somi, Somi! You okay?" Taehyung asked as he got me up on my feet.

I just nodded before wiping off the sweat on my forehead. I looked around the lobby to see the flames that had surrounded me were all gone.

"Why are you sweating? What happened?" He asked, concerned.

"Uh nothing, nothing happened. Just get your friends out of the building now," I reminded him.

"Wait wait- Jimin is not with us!" Jungkook exclaimed, looking uneasy.

"I already checked the building but I couldn't find him," Jin responded with a worried look.

"No, no! He's in the building!" Jungkook asserted.

"Guys, guys! You need to get out now! I'll find Jimin, just get out now!" I shouted to the five guys.

"What? Why? Who is this girl anyways?" Rapmon asked Taehyung, giving me a weird look.

"I'm trying to save your freaking lives so will you please just listen to me!" I raged.

Taehyung and Jungkook started pushing their friends by their backs towards the exit of the building.

"I don't understand why you're kicking us out! We live here, not you!" Jin yelled at me from a distance.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"Hyung, I'll tell you later, alright?" I heard Taehyung say.

"But Jimin is still inside! Are you not going to kick him out too?!" Rapmon exclaimed as he kept turning around when Taehyung pushed him by his back.

Soon, the five of them left the building and the atmosphere suddenly became hot again. I looked to my watch––11:59pm.