25.

16 March 2015
1:25am

TAEHYUNG

"No, Somi! You can still get out!" I shouted across to her.

From where I was standing, I could see tears streaming down her face but again, she shook her head.

"I can't..." Somi muttered.

That was when a figure appeared behind her. The figure had skin that was all burnt up but what was familiar was her––middle parting hair.

I immediately knew who it was––Boram. Somi closed her eyes even though tears were trickling down her cheeks.

"You already hear her, she can't leave," Boram uttered, giving a devious smirk.

She flicked a finger and that made me go flying out to the corridor. I crashed down on the floor as the door of the room was slammed shut in front of me. I quickly stood up and pounded my fists on the door.

"No, no- Somi!" I called out, close to tears.

16 March 2015
1:40am

JIMIN

"Boram! Stop, please!" Rin begged her daughter.

Somi just sat still in the middle of the room, trying to bear the warm and humid surroundings around her while Rin and Boram were arguing with each other.

"Why, mum, why? Don't you want her dead too?!" Boram asked angrily.

I became more and more furious. It was because of Boram, I am now dead. Without thinking, I ended up charging towards her. She was jolted out of her burnt skin seeing me choking her by the neck.

"Jimin! What are you doing?!" J-Hope shouted across to me.

I ignored him and continued choking the hell out of her. However, she flicked her finger and that immediately got me flying to the other end of the room.

"What the heck do you think you're doing?!" Boram raged at me.

She was walking towards me, staring murderously, when she felt something sharp puncturing her back. She immediately let out a loud, screeching shrill that made chills went down my spine. Right after, she fell to the ground. My eyes widened in disbelief to see Rin standing behind Boram with a knife. The flames in the room started subsiding slowly and Boram's body disappeared into ashes.

"W-what happened?" I asked in confusion.

"I killed my own daughter... isn't that obvious...?" Rin uttered before dropping the knife to the ground.

"That knife–– how did you––"

"It was made by fire. It's the only way to stop Boram..." Rin interrupted J-Hope.

Thanks to Rin, nothing much happened to me. She told us that she had already prepared that knife a year ago but she did not know she would eventually use it to kill Boram––her only daughter.

Doing so would mean that Boram is banished from both the real world and the parallel world forever.

After a few minutes, I stood up and looked to Somi. From her facial expressions, I knew she was confused. She just stayed at her position as she looked to the three of us cluelessly.

"Boram is gone?" She asked in complete shock.

Rin, J-Hope and I have a weak nod even though we felt a little guilty. That was when a sudden thought came to me. I had written a letter to my fellow friends just before all this had happened and wanted Somi to deliver it to them. Due to that, I walked over to Somi as I took out the piece of paper from my pocket before bending down in front of her.

"Can you pass this to my friends for me? This is just in case they want to know my whereabouts," I said to Somi as I handed her the letter.

She took it before nodding her head. Just then, the door of the room swung open and there rushing in was Taehyung, wearing a worried look. Somi immediately turned her head to see him approaching her.

"Somi! Are you okay?" Taehyung asked as he kneeled down beside her and checked if she had any burns on her arms.

"Yeah, I uh––"

She paused, looking around the room aimlessly.

"W-where did they go...?" She asked as she scanned the room again.

Rin had somehow separated J-Hope, herself and I from the real world so Somi could no longer see us.

"Who?" Taehyung asked her.

"Your two other friends... and uh- Boram's mum," Somi responded as Taehyung brought her up to her feet.

Their conversation continued but I was unable to hear them since they had already left the room. As soon as they were out of sight, I turned to face Rin and J-Hope.

"It's over... right?" I questioned, wanting to be sure.

"Yes, it is," J-Hope replied before coming over to me.

He then embraced me tightly as I hugged him back.

"Go back to the real world... Our friends are finding for you," I told him.

"How about you? Where will you go?" J-Hope asked anxiously before turning behind to look at Rin.

"He'll stay here with me..." Rin responded with an assuring smile.

"But they'll ask me about you. How do I tell them that––you're dead?" J-Hope asked.

"I've given a letter to Somi. She'll pass it to them," I uttered.

"J-Hope, once the sun rises, you'll be stuck here forever so you have to go now!" Rin demanded.

"Where do I go?! Where, where?!" J-Hope asked anxiously.

"The balcony on this floor. That's how you came here," Rin told me.

J-Hope just stood rooted to the ground, looking at me as tears trickled down from his eyes.

"Hyung, just go!" I exclaimed at him.

He was hesitant but ended up going off when I pushed him out to the corridor. Soon, we heard sounds of wailing sirens downstairs. Rin and I knew that someone had called for the firefighters.