Chapter Six

I have to...

Develop pictures

Pick up Nun's habit and rosary

Stalk Korin

Lunch at Sushi bar with Pixie... Why did I agree to that one again?!

Erik thought that it'd be good for me if I made some friends before school started. Even though the high school wasn't like other schools, he didn't want to risk me having an episode...whatever the hell that meant. I was pretty sure that it was Dr. Joyce's asinine idea and sick and twisted way to get back at me for climbing all over her desk again.

From what Erik said, Pixie was an artist. Not my type of person to hang out with, and I was more than confident we weren't on the same level when it came to our art, but I had nothing better do to since Erik refused to tell me more about the short guy I was, what he called, obsessing over.

Pixie wasn't a bad person, just not the type that I typically associated myself with. Bubbly, spunky...the love child of every nineteen-eighties girl cartoon and Saturday morning show—Punky Brewster, Carebears, She-Ra, Jem, Rainbow Bright, My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake—all rolled into one bubbly little package with white, black and pink hair, thick black glasses, and purple lipstick with matching nail polish. I had never been a fan of artists that felt the need to dress the part so people knew that they were artists by simply looking at them.

I, personally, liked the sneak attack method better.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" she asked with a mouth full of masticated salmon skin maki roll.

Disgusting.

I hated it when people talked with their mouths full.

"No," I said in a clipped tone; it wasn't a conversation I wanted to have with a stranger, especially an annoying artsy chick.

"Good," Pixie said with a grin. "I invited a friend to join us for lunch. He's been in a foul mood for the past six months or whatever, so I was hoping that maybe you could help me cheer him up!" she beamed.

What in the hell is in the food, LSD? What gave this ridiculous little girl the idea that I would want to help someone I don't even know? Especially a dude?

"No thank you," I said in the coldest, and most detached tone, I could muster, trying to relay as politely as possible that I wanted nothing to do with whatever she was scheming.

"Oh come on," she pleaded. "I was hoping to hook you two up, but I didn't realize you were so damn tall. You'd dwarf him majorly."

I shook my head; there was no reason in arguing with her since she obviously wasn't paying attention when I said no way in hell so I resorted to ignoring her.