Chapter Seventeen

Comparable to the moon landing:

Walking on water

A penny killing someone from the top of a skyscraper

Losing my virginity

Jesus was a black man

"My political career is over," I complained, trying to wipe the baby oil off my skin. "Seriously, I smell like a baby's ass!"

Micha laughed from across the room while she picked up from the latest photo shoot, one that would effectively ruin my chance of making it to the White House—like a midget could be president—or not going to jail. Naked photography, especially when the subject wasn't eighteen, was a felony. My lapses in better judgment kept getting better and better. Who came up with this shit?

Oh wait: the crazy girl!

I did say yes though, so that makes me partially at fault. I just wasn't anticipating her covering me in baby oil. Micha assured me it was for the sheen, however I think she just wanted to molest me, which I wasn't complaining about, but I did have to use the rape whistle nearly a dozen times. The burning book idea I had for my copy of Dr. Joyce's book was a good one. Scary as hell, but Micha was confident that she captured it in its entirety.

"When you're done in there would you like to join me on the roof until it can air out in here?" Micha asked through the bathroom door.

I opened the door and glared at her; I was head to toe shiny.

"It might rain, so it could help wash you off," she offered; batting her lashes at me innocently. "Would you like a water balloon fight?" she asked and held up a pink fist-sized balloon.

Only Micha would think to have a water balloon fight on a roof.

"Sure, why not? What's the worst that can happen?" I said, making a face then tossed my shirt and pants on the floor and joined her in my boxers.

The roof top deck was flat with high walls that were at my neck level—that doesn't take much to achieve—with a couple of wooden deck chairs and some potted shrubbery; the risk of falling off the roof was low.

"This has your ammunition in it," Micha said then handed me a canvas shoulder bag filled with water balloons. "Draw at twenty paces," she instructed and situated her bag on her hip then started to walk away from me with her shoulders back and head held high, a pink water balloon in hand at the ready.

I walked in the opposite direction, but there wasn't enough room to take twenty paces. "My beautiful girl, I hit the wall after seven," I called out.

"Damn it. I didn't think this through thoroughly, oh well. Turn and face," she huffed.

When I turned to face, the expression on her face made me laugh; she was embarrassed, annoyed, amused, but looking extremely evil.