Chapter Twenty-Nine

April Showers bring....

Horny animals and annoying birds

Pink or Blue, or as Micha says, black

Marching bands

New wave of Gnomes to hit the streets

I must have broken at least fifty traffic laws racing over to Micha's house.

When Jay called, he was hysterical, which wasn't anything new when it pertained to Jay, but I couldn't understand what in the Hell he was talking about. Being in a rush, I lacked common sense and didn't see the cop behind me or the flashing lights. I also didn't remember to engage the parking brake when I got out of the car, and it started to roll down the hill before I even got the door closed.

"Sir, stop right there!" the cop yelled from behind me, but I didn't have time to screw with it. I threw my wallet over my shoulder at him then ran up the steps to the house with the cop on my heels.

"Jay, Micha!" I called out, pushing through the doors.

"Oh thank God," Jay said, hurrying from the dining room. "You called the police?" he asked when the cop followed me into the house.

"Not exactly," I said, stepping around Jay to the dining room where Micha was standing on a chair, awkwardly balancing it on two legs as she leaned in towards the wall. In her hand was a Sharpie, and she was scribbling out sheet music on the walls. She wore a thin, white cotton nightgown that showed an amazing amount of leg and cleavage, as well as her small belly. "Jay, talk to the cop for me, explain what is going on while I try to talk her down."

"What in the..." the cop choked, sliding to a stop. "Do I need to call an ambulance or something?" he asked, looking at the walls covered in freshly written sheet music.

I headed towards Micha. "My beautiful girl, can I have the Sharpie?" I asked, caressing her leg.

Micha shook her head, rocking the chair back, causing all four feet to touch the floor. "I have to get down the rabbit hole to find the looking glass," she said.

Sadly it wasn't the first time she had filled a wall with music no one could read. She was progressively getting worse the farther into her pregnancy she got. They thought it was the severe hormonal changes, and Dr. Joyce had talked Jay and Erik into making Micha go back to therapy. The compromise was that it was a group session with both of us, and we could end the session any time we wanted.

They lasted all of five minutes at most.

"My beautiful girl, let's get some ice cream," I whispered, taking the Sharpie from her.

She looked down at me at smiled taking my offered hand, and I helped her down. "Peach sorbet sounds good." She turned to the Officer. "Am I going to have to bail his ass out first?" she asked.