Chapter Thirty

Ataraxy-

Finally droppin' a deuce after four days—goddamn kid

Only two months to go before I meet Nugget

Korin still finds my swollen ass attractive

Life

Was it possible to feel any fatter than I already did?

I didn't think it was, but my red graduation gown made me look like a goddamn cow!

Average, everyday wasn't going to work for me, so I customized it with black stripes, silver grommets, spikes, and leather accents. It was very medieval fetish monk meets Xena Warrior Princess in a tent.

I already graduated, but Jay wanted to watch me walk with my class, and it was Dr. O'Shea's requirement that Korin walk with his class.

Korin and John were overly excited about graduation. John I understood, but Korin not so much. Leave it to my overly supportive class to nominate me to give the student commencement speech, which was overly animated and hilarious. "Three billion human lives ended on August 29th, 1997. The survivors of the nuclear fire called the war Judgment Day. They lived only to face a new nightmare: the war against the machines. The computer, which controlled the machines, Skynet, sent two Terminators back through time. Their mission: to destroy the leader of the human resistance, John Connor, my son. The first Terminator was programmed to strike at me in the year 1984, before John was born. It failed. The second was set to strike at John himself when he was still a child. As before, the resistance was able to send a lone warrior, a protector for John. It was just a question of which one of them would reach him first." There were also many off colored references that involved farm animals in comparison to the man and society.

Only a handful of people got my terminator reference, but they still enjoyed it.

Korin laughed hysterically throughout the whole speech; there wasn't a pop culture reference that he didn't get.

Only at a performing arts academy would they not think twice about one of their own being very pregnant, as if it was an everyday thing. In fact they held a baby shower in the cafeteria for us. We got some cool stuff; a lot of custom baby clothes in black and punk colors, which was completely agreeable, blankets that were dark and gothic, some bright and colorful ones, and lots of art and warm wishes. It was sweet of them, made me cry a few times, and that in turn caused Korin to cry.

Apparently he was as hormonal as I was.

"Can you believe it?" Pixie squealed, plopping down next to me.

"If my water breaks on stage and someone slips on it and breaks something, do they sue me, the daddy, the baby, or the school?" I asked, getting a head tilt in response. "Pixie, have you seen my baby's daddy?"