FOUR

"Marisa, what's this?" I ask, yawning as the light of the sun begins to hit my face. As Marisa makes my bed, she looks over to the open closet door, looking at me as I hold up some clothes.

"The King had them delivered here while you dined last night," she explains, watching me nod. The articles of clothing I hold in my hands are not something I would expect to find here, for I have no clue how King Zion could obtain that information. Heck, the clothes still smell like my apartment. Last night I ate silently and alone in one of the massive dining halls, King Zion unable to attend due to some meeting, and I was rather glad.

Shutting the bathroom door, I take off the towel from my shower and begin with my undergarments of my favorite nude bra and panties, only to frown as I see the clothes picked out. They are my nicest, not my usual leggings and sweaters with loose threads. A pair of dark wash jeans I wear for when my parents visit, a pair I would also wear for pack meetings long ago, and a nice cream blouse with a V in the front and flows nicely. Pulling on the boots by the sink, I look at myself in the mirror, my thick brown hair still having to endure the brush and bags under my eyes.

I barely slept, too much worry flooding my head over where I am and what is going to happen. I mean, it's no everyday that the Wolf King orders you to stay at his palace and be his without a clue why. It sucks.

Once my hair is brushed and I manage to get it into a bun, I exit the bathroom, Marisa about to leave, my breakfast on the tray that she brought it here on. The best breakfast I've had in months, but unable to beat my mother's bacon and scones. It was a breakfast for a Queen, which scares me. The food was brought on a legitimate gold platter and Marisa explained which silverware I used for each type of food. At least it was worth the stress over which spoon is for what and so forth.

"Lady Sybil, the King will be in the Council chambers until noon, though he would like for you, in the meantime, to be fitted."

"Fitted for what?" I sigh, sitting on my lounge chair as Marisa motions that the zipper to my jeans is undone. Fixing the problem, I await her answer.

"He wants you fitted for just all types of clothes, just simple measurements is all."

"Simple my ass," I mutter under my breath, watching Marisa leave as I'm once more left to a silent room. If I was any typical girl locked in a castle the library would be my first place to go, but seeing that I actually detest reading, I decide to head down a random hall, opposite of where I came. Why read when you can explore and try to find hidden passageways.

The stairs go up in a narrow tower, circling up another three stories. Smiling, I take flight, ascending the stairs as I look out to the lake, watching as a few ducks land by the side and a goose or two begin flying away. It's beautiful out there.

As I come to the end of the stairs, I raise an eyebrow at the door ahead, just a bare gray door with no design but a metal handle. Pulling open the door, I groan, met with another five flights to stairs.

By the time I finished the stairs, my legs are burning and I'm catching my breath as my wolf wants to be let out. I wonder how the nobles would react if they saw a rogue prancing around the throne room and maybe pissing on the Royal throne. Chuckling to myself, I find myself at the top of the tower, the windows gone, just the bare breeze keeping me company as I look out upon the castle grounds.

Looking down, I see the gray roof a story down, very steep and daring me to jump out and feel all spy-like. When you're left to your mind alone, you think of cool things to do. For the rest of the time up in the tower, I just look out upon the trees and trees, not bothering with the expensive village of snobs as I groan.

Eventually I head back down, closing the door behind me as I find myself back to where my room is. I decide to take a left, down a flight of stairs as paintings line the walls with vibrant colors. For sure this place took some hefty work.