THIRTY-TWO

"I would suggest no witty mouth tonight," the familiar voice greets as I enter the elevator. With two guards on my side as the doors close, I don't know whether to be overjoyed that Elijah is here....or terrified. "The second he called me up I swear it sounded like he was going to cut off my dick if I didn't help find you."

Find me? He sent Elijah out here to find me?

"You didn't find me, Elijah, I showed up here," I respond, crossing my arms as I just want to take a shower. I want to wash off all of the memories.

"You're glad I'm the one who was sent after you, if Zion took matters into his own hands and went after you, this would be very different."

I'm glad Zion never did. I'm glad no one ever found out what happened. And I hope no one ever will.

"So, where did you go?"

I ignore him, crossing my arms as I can find myself growing more nervous by the second.

"Did you even use any common sense?"

I scoff. "Common sense is like deodorant, Elijah, everyone needs it, but not everyone uses it," I snap back, meeting his hard gaze as one of the guards scoff.

"I then take it that you didn't use any."

My jaw tightens as the doors open, revealing a long hallway that makes my nerves go out of control.

I'm pushed into the hall, two guards on either side of me as Elijah takes the lead. "Just try and be respectful, it will let you live longer." If I know one thing from the turnout of the night besides Zion telling me the truth...it's that I want someone dead.

I went so low to get answers. So low to obtain an answer that I needed just s justification.

"We are now here."

We stand before the door, my body heating up in the nerves as my stomach ties in endless knots. Whatever will happen tonight only get awaits me.

As the door is opened, Elijah practically forces me in, shutting the door quickly as he gets me in.

I'm left alone in the dark hall of the Presidential Suite of the hotel, the massive room of the entrance only making me speechless. Fit for a king for sure. All I can hear is the beating of my heart and every breath I take. For sure I'm in some deep shit right now.

Taking one step forward, the footstep echoes across the silent hall, letting me know Zion wants me to find him.

As I follow the hallway to the end, it opens up into a circular room, one of a lounge with beautiful furniture. "Zion?"

No response as I continue through the room, picking one of the three doorways as I enter a dinning room. How big do hotels make their biggest rooms? This is like some massive house.

"Where could he be?" I ask myself, entering another lounge now, one with a massive view of the city below.

That's when I spit him, out in the balcony, staring out at the view. He doesn't even turn around.

Entering the balcony, I close the screen door gently, not wanting to anger the beast any more.

"Zion?"

No reply.

I step forward, right to where we stand side by side, my eyes staring into his as he refuses to meet my gaze. I know the words I need and must say now to savage what we have left. What relationship and trust we have left.

"I'm sorry."

I can sense him tense, his shoulders becoming stiff as I watch his golden eyes become dark. "I should not have gone off like that-