FIFTY-FOUR

"I swear I'll have to increase the-

"Just stop, Zion," I say, a smile upon my lips as we both look up at the ceiling. Before us is a bright future, Zion more than ecstatic since he learned only hours ago of a child. "Just think about things not too massive right now. Think about the gender, not keeping the child, if a girl, away from all males possible."

"She should be!" Zion adds, wrapping his arms around my waist as we lay in bed. "I know how's boys think. All they want is sex."

"Sex is what got us in this situation," I mumble, rolling my eyes as Zion kisses my forehead. "What if it's a boy?" I ask, raising an eyebrow as Zion shakes his head. "It could be."

"Doubt it," Zion grumbles, rolling us over to where he looks over me, a smile upon those lips as my heart clenches.

"What would we name it, if a boy?" I ask, thinking of a list of names Zion would probably produce in his head.

"If it was a girl, Sybil, I'd name her either Gwen or Amelia."

"I ask for boy."

"River."

My heart stops briefly. River. That's the name I called my son in the dreams.

"But for now let's just forget all of that and think of how the media will respond," Zion interiors my state of shock as those eyes stare down at me. "I mean, we could hide from the public eye for nine months or less."

"I doubt the press will be that bad," I state, pulling Zion down for a brief yet loving kiss as his hands cup my cheeks.

That's when we hear it, the knocking upon the door in the dead of night.

"I'm coming in, if you're butt-ass naked get covered," the voice of Elijah calls out, the door opening to reveal the King's best friend still in a gray suit.

Zion sits up, annoyed with Elijah interrupting us as I am wondering what is going on.

"Is there something you would like to tell us," Zion basically orders, getting up from bed as he grabs his robe. "Death? Murder? Rebels?"

"Treaty."

"With who?" I ask, getting up as well as I know whatever news Elijah is bringing to us, it means we have to get ready and put on our business mindset.

"Our enemy."

"What? You just let some fucking vampires into this castle?!"

"A messenger is all I let in, Ziggy, not the whole damn army," Elijah replies with a snap, his eyes hard and jaw clenched. As he turns to face me, a smile graves his lips. "If advise you two to get ready, robes and all, you have a treaty to make with the enemy."

Elijah leaves the room, the door shutting fast as Zion turns to me. "Why? Why make a treaty at this time?"

"Shouldn't you be happy they are making a treaty?" I ask, crossing my arms as Zion walks to the walk-in closet, grabbing whatever suit he can find as I follow in pursuit. As he begins to change, I grab my attire, wondering how long the treaty will take. No doubt this is a good sign.

"Ready?" Zion asks in five minutes, taking my hand as he watches the crown be set upon my head.

I nod, following my husband and King as we know that whatever happens tonight, it will shape history.

This night will go down in the marble where Zion's story is to be told for ages to come.

"What am I to expect? What these look like?" I ask, worried for I've never seen a special type of vampire. I've seen a few while in New York City, pale and beautiful for the most part. Not all vampires are the kind you read about, the ones who reek of wealth and good looks. Some are actually down to earth.