TWENTY-ONE

"You've got to be shitting me," I mumble, the reflection of his car stopping before the shop's windows, ones where you cannot see inside. Above the massive double doors is a sign that makes me feel either like the Queen of England or some Billionaire Duchess. To say the least, I don't fit in where Zion plans on taking me.

Zion hops out of the car, handing the keys to a valet around my age, jogging around to my side before I can open the door. Before I even climb out I can hear the talk of the busy people around us, comments about Zion, how he looks, his wealth, his taste...and then there are the comments on me, how I don't look equal, how I shouldn't be in that car or in my dress. I feel bitter.

"Don't worry about them," Zion whispers as he pulls me close to him, walking with an arm around my shoulder to the front doors of the shop. Pressing a button for the intercom, we wait as I look up. The buildings reach for the sky as the busy noises of the city make me feel at home once again.

"Appointment?"

Yup, this is some high-end place I don't belong. I hope Zion does all of the talking once again, I'd hate to open my mouth and let off sentences flow forth. "Zion Monquieff." We wait for the answer, and receiver one as the doors open and a man in a fine Italian suit welcomes us with a massive smile.

"Sir Monquieff, welcome to Cora's." We are ushered inside quickly as people stop to take a look into the fancy store. As to what this store sells, I am about to find out.

And find out I do as we pass through another set of doors, the modern and posh interior revealed to us as we are the only ones inside. "As requested, Sir, your party is the only one present, and we have some of our finest champaign as you shop around."

This is definitely not my scene. The endless counters of the most expensive jewelry. The first counter I spot, a simple ring that looks nothing more than plain is over fifty thousand.

"Why are we here?" I ask closely as Zion pulls out his phone, tapping on the screen as a woman comes to aid us.

"This must be the lady, Mr. Monquieff, very beautiful."

"Thank you, Anna," he comments, putting his phone away as Anna takes my other hand, pulling me further down. "Just what we discussed over the phone."

Anna nods as I raise an eyebrow, thrown to the wolves as Zion departs and goes around another corner of the store, leaving me all alone. "Mr. Monquieff had called me up two days ago speaking of a ball that he needed you to be the most beautiful woman in. As he has requested, we will go through the earnings and necklaces for now."

I offer the woman a small smile, knowing on the inside I'm hating ever coming here with Zion.

We spend the next what seems like an eternity just doing the earring, her saying how my hair will be done with each one depending on which pair I choose. The whole time she hides the prices from me, not letting me know a single number except what year it was made in. However, it's still pretty obvious that each pair is diamond that she has presented, plated with either gold or platinum.

The whole time Zion is no where to be found, soon the same man that let us in bringing me over a glass of champagne. I thank him and pretty much drown myself in one gulp, knowing I'll need it to get through with this.

Pretty soon we decide on a pair, dangling down and staying simple yet posh at the same time. Next are the necklaces, and no more after forty minutes do we have the necklace figured out.

As Anna puts them into tissue paper carefully, Zion comes around the corner, a wide smile on his face, gaining a raised eyebrow from me. I'll give him a small rant from leaving me all alone later on.