TWENTY-SEVEN

I've only seen the courtyard once, I was on the grand tour of the palace and Zion swung bye. It was you would expect a courtyard to look like, just an opening in the palace that is sometimes used for small dinner parties or even training.

As of now, I'm escorted by Alpha Nixon towards the courtyard, having a small chat with him as we walk to our destination. Today I am to meet the rogue who will join me tomorrow. In one day we will learn one another as best as we can, do some run throughs of how the 'mission' is to go, and then get on a plane to Florida for the big event.

I fix my hair, pulling it back into a tight ponytail as we near the courtyard. Thankfully today I'm not expected to be wearing a business dress or formal attire, but am simply dressed in a pair of dark wash jeans and a cream sweater. Casual days are the best, and I'm just waiting for Spring now to wear shorts.

"The warrior that will be joining you is Gray, a great warrior of my pack and good friend," Alpha Nixon informs as we round the last corner and the archways lead out to the courtyard. Alpha Nixon explains that Gray became a warrior at the age of sixteen and has been one hell of a fighter since then. I would have to agree, for warriors are willing to do anything for those they are loyal to, and by Gray becoming a rogue for both his Alpha, King, and kingdom, it shows how much he is willing to sacrifice.

Zion is already in the courtyard, Alpha Cratos and Alpha Henry (an Alpha from Scotland) all talking with one another as an unfamiliar face is with the three. By my guess, it is Gray, and he does look like one scary warrior, but now, rogue. His scent is strong, being a new rogue means your scent is was easier to pick up. With dark skin, dark brown eyes, short black hair, and some pretty cool tattoo sleeves, I already know, just by the looks of this tall and built warrior, if I'm in trouble, he will be able to aid.

"Gray is also smart as well, Sybil, he knows his facts and has a brain that could save you both if something goes wrong. He practically plans all of a tactics for war. He is a man to put your trust in." I nod, walking up to Gray as he is about to bow his head.

I stick my hand out, ready for a handshake. I guess that surprised Gray, how I'd rather shake his hand than allow him to bow. "Welcome," I greet, offering the warrior and new rogue a smile as he takes my hand.

"Pleasure, Lady Sybil," he replies, his voice deep. I catch a glimpse of one of the tattoos upon his arm, one of an elf as it slaughters a wolf. "King Zion, let me express my graffitied once again for allowing me in on this meeting and mission tomorrow, for putting your trust in me." He's formal, for sure wanting to respect the King.

Then again, he is no ordinary rogue. Most would be giving him the finger...like I have.

"Well, I do believe we should do a run though, Lady Sybil to inform you on what you are entering tomorrow night," Alpha Nixon comments, clasping his hands together as Zion wraps an arm around my shoulder.

"We will use my office."

The office is beautiful, wooden floors, deep red walls, leather furniture, an oak table, and a massive bookshelf against the far back wall.

I take my seat on one of the couches, an L shape that faces a window. "So, Lady Sybil, please elaborate upon the ring."

I explain the ring, how it's a fight with bids, certain rogues entering a ring for money to also empress others. I the warehouse it takes place in also includes deals that are set out, sometimes even hunters coming to make deals. But most of all, contacts to the ring leaders will be there, meaning it's the place to be for us.

"We have security around the warehouse, positioned to not give it away-

"No matter what, once the contacts know who I am, or someone notices me, they will suspect that we are not there without aid," I interrupt, watching as Alpha Nixon shuts his mouth, a scowl crossing his face. "Basically we are to get in, talk around, see who the contacts are, try to set up a meeting, and then, leave without trouble." Gray nods his head in understanding, taking all of it in. No doubt he won't be rogue that long.