FORTY-FOUR

Here you are
<><>

As a child my mother told me of the elves, of their kind. How they placed themselves above all the rest, claiming they were the true beauty of the moon and as powerful as the darkest star. She said the elves still lived in the past, never wanting to acknowledge that their age of supreme power had faded away.

Fifteen guards surround me, armed to the max, ready to die for me if anything goes wrong. Elijah stands by my side as we await the gates to open.

To most it would look easy to break into, the walls made of stones stacked upon one another, the gate made of thick wood with designs. To most they would not think that the gate and walls were guarded by the most powerful spell of the ancient world.

"You speak of Keva?" The elf asks, looking down upon me. His skin is flawless like the rest, not a single deformity, his eyes a bright green, his ears pointed, and his height tall. "That is who you say will let you in?"

"I am sure," I reply, nodding my head as the crown upon it makes me wish t was not there. It not the crown I wore when I was crowned Queen, but a traveling crown, one light crown made of silver with small sapphire placed around it, fitting my head perfectly. "She will let us in."

"Your whole party together?" The man asks, looking at the guards. "Or you alone."

She would only let me in. She wouldn't even think of inviting the others in.

"I alone."

Elijah grabs my arm, his eyes meeting mine as he warns me. I know what I am putting myself in. I know what Keva is like and that she is not to be trusted.

"I'll be fine."

Elijah releases his hold, the gates opening as a woman dressed in pale blue greets me. Her brunette hair falls to her waist, her gold eyes watching me, her posture straight as she holds her head high. "Welcome."

Entering past the walls, my eyes widen at the beautiful world before me.

A road lays before me, one of white stone as trees surround me. Trees with pale brown trunks and white or pale green leaves, planted with no uniform as they grow where they please. Ahead of me lays the first building, one of a massive dome, a huge gazebo that reaches the top of the trees, made of white stone, narrow and tall windows, bushes containing little pale pink flowers surrounding the building.

"When will Keva see me?" I ask the elf, watching as she leads me towards the first building.

"Keva is very busy."

"What does she do?" I ask, placing my hands behind my back as I feel nervous. It is not common at all for a rogue or even normal wolf to enter the realm of elves. But I am not just a rogue now. I am a Queen. Goddess that still sounds weird.

"Keva is a astrologist."

I raise an eyebrow. Usually the fairies are known for looking at the stars. Astrologists for the supernatural community are known for watching the stars and interpreting their meaning. Every night it is said that the souls within the stars come to life, and those who have dedicated their lives to reading them can hear the voices.

"Follow me."

We walk around the first building, multiple others just like it following as the road we take winds around multiple to one upon a hill. The building upon the hill is a beautiful and small palace, seven towers that are thin, going up seven stories, each holding multiple windows, the main section of the building being unique in that it has the dome shape in many areas.