SEVEN

The second I open the door to stop the constant knocking, I'm surprised to not see Marisa, but a male with brown hair and gray eyes, tall, broad shoulders, and a smug look upon his face. "The popular Lady Sybil," he greets, walking straight past me and into my room. "I finally find where he keeps his secret."

"Can I help you?" I ask, crossing my arms as I begin to feel uncomfortable, not knowing who he is. It's as if he's some sort of jester, how he moves about the room with a spring in his step, a smile upon his face, and just an aura that tells me he's up to no good.

Looking back at me, he curtsies like a lady, winking at me as I raise an eyebrow. "Yes, you can," he begins, taking a seat upon my lounge chair. "I want to understand how Zion finds you to be fairest of them all."

"Who are you?" I ask, walking around to the fireplace, grabbing one of the vases, making it seem normal, but ready to strike at any moment.

"Elijah Eversol, the King's best friend." I nod, watching as he crossed his legs and stares at me, taking me in. "As for looks, you're - bit above average-no offense- but I bet you make up for it in brains, attitude, or maybe even sexual skills-

"Excuse me," I hiss, humiliated by this man as he just chuckles.

"There's no wonder why Zion and I get along, we are opposites," he comments as I roll my eyes.

"I wonder how many times you've been unsuccessful in keeping your trap shut," I retort, watching as his eye slight up.

"He must like your feisty attitude, barely any Nobel or Royal has that tongue." Elijah gets up, walking to my balcony as I follow behind, wondering what kind of trouble he could get me into. "When I heard there was a rogue in the palace, I just had to fly down."

He heard word of me here? That means the talk is already out, the one of the King for some odd reason keeping a rogue in the palace. Their guesses are as good as mine.

Leaning against the archway, I watch Elijah jump onto the railing, walking upon it like a balance beam as he hops over a pot of tulips, smiling as he acts like a child. "Word spreads fast, you're lucky it was me who showed up to greet you instead of the whole kingdom."

"ELIJAH!" A voice roars from behind, causing me to jerk, fear filling my heart.

"Ah, speak of the devil."

Looking over my shoulder, I see King Zion stalking over to where I stand with Elijah feet from me, the King furious. I'm grabbed as he reaches me, pulling me to the side, only to depart as he heads for his best friend. "Zion, what a wonderful pleasure to see you. Last time we were sending fists at each other in Cancun after I got a good lay by the some noble's daughter."

"That was my cousin, you asshole," Zion snaps, and suddenly, without a single care in the world, he pushes Elijah off the railing and down below into the water.

I scream, running forward, right next to Zion as I watch the massive splash Elijah makes. "What the hell!? You could have injured him."

"And he could have gotten my cousin pregnant," King Zion mumbles as I look and see if Elijah will return to the surface. "Don't worry, he'll let us know when he resurfaces." A hand gently cups my cheek, making me turn my head to face him, emotions running through his eyes as I try to just pinpoint one.

"The kingdom knows I'm here."

"They know a rogue is here, Sybil," he adds. "Besides, no publicity of your name or face will come until I allow it."

"Until you allow it!" I scoff, only to hear someone resurface.

"I'll make sure to bang her twice a hard next time." Yup, pretty opposites as Elijah said.