Chapter Fourteen - Would you rather?

"Okay, so would you rather sit in a tiny closed space for 24 hours or spend a week in prison?" Manuel asked. The two of them had been getting to know each other by playing would you rather whilst they watched Junior play on the playground of the park. 

Arabella took a bit of the cone of her icecream as she pondered on the question. "Prison," she said once she had swallowed the waffle-cone. "Really!?" Manuel asked in surprise. He had his eyebrows raised high en his eyes were full of surprise as he turned to look at her. "Yes," she stated, looking back at him. "I hate small spaces." Manuel snorted and looked at her with a grin. "You do realize that prison cells aren't that big either, right?" Arabella rolled her eyes and nudged him on the shoulder. "Shut up."

"Okay, so, my turn," Arabella stated. Manuel nodded and patiently waited for her to come up with a new question. "Would you rather.." she started, dragging out the 'a' in rather. "die young, but living a life you love, or grow old and end up unhappy?"

Manuel thought about this for a second. "Define ending up unhappy," he said. Arabella thought, not taking her eyes of of Junior as she opened her mouth. "Outliving your child, or losing your future wife.. something like that."

"Well," Manuel said. "I'd rather grow old. I'd love to someday have a child and a loving wife. And maybe I'll outlive them, but at least I would've had them."

Arabella looked up to him with a smile. "That's a really beautiful way of looking at things, Manuel," she spoke. Manuel looked down at her and shrugged with a smile. "Why? Wouldn't you choose that?" he asked. Arabella looked away and thought for a second. Then she promptly shook her head. "No," she stated. "If I look at how much I love Junior, while he's not even my own.. If I'd ever lose him I wouldn't be able to deal. Let alone if I ever were to lose the child I carried and brought up.."

"So, you would rather never have at all than love and have lost?" Manuel questioned, eyebrows raised in surprise and confusion. Arabella nodded. "It would break me," she simply stated. Manuel didn't say anything and just looked at her for a while. 

Finally he decided that it was too early to continue this conversation and sighed. He wanted to know more about her, but he knew that this were subjects that weren't meant for a first date, so he though of a new one.

"Okay, would you poop rusted nails everyday or pee battery acid?" he asked, grinning evily. Arabella bursted out laughing. "What!?" she shouted out. Manuel just grinned and shrugged. "Oh my God, Manuel.. do I have to answer this?" she asked, giving him her best puppy-eyes whilst laughing. Manuel actually had to look away for a second, so he wouldn't fall for it, and nodded. "Yes, you have to," he chuckled whilst looking back at Arabella again. Arabella giggled and huffed. "Fine, poop nails."

Manuel tilted his head back and let out a booming laugh. "I can't believe you actually answered it!" he called out. Out of reflex Arabella hit his upperarm. "You said I HAD to choose!" she shrieked, making Manuel laugh even harder. "Awh, poor Arabella, come here!" he laughed, throwing his arm around her. Arabella snorted. "Don't try to make it up now, the damage has already been done," she exclaimed, pushing his arm away while laughing. Manuel, who was still laughing lightly, rolled his eyes playfully.

He was about to try again, wanting to have some kind of fysical contact with her, but Junior spoiled it for him, comming up to them and pulling on Arabella's leg. "I miss daddy!" he screamed, looking on the verge of tears. Arabella looked at Manuel with an apologetic look before picking Junior up in her arms and holding him tightly. "Then we'll go home, alright?" she asked him. Junior nodded as he looked at her with big, tired eyes. "I'm sorry, he's just tired," she told Manuel. Manuel smiled understandingly and stood up. "Alright, let's go."

I DID IT! I UPDATED! please read the previous chapter (ATTENTION) and leave a comment if you want!