Chapter Four - Brasil

“We’re here!” Fábio’s voice cheered through the plane, making several players and women groan at his volume.

Cristiano groaned, unbuckling his seatbelt before he undid the one of his sleeping son. “Come on, boy,” he huffed, picking him up. Cristiano Jr. mumbled something inaudible before resting his little head on his father’s shoulder. “Arabella, come on,” Cristiano softly said, nudging the girl and waking her up. She groaned and stretched herself before unbuckling her seatbelt.

Once they had collected all their bags, Cristiano handed Junior over to Arabella, as he had to go with the team. “Okay buddy, be nice to Arabella,” Cristiano smiled, petting his sons head. “Daddy loves you,” he said, giving the small boy a kiss. Junior smiled, mumbling a sleepy “Yes daddy, I love you too.” Before falling back into sleep.

“Alright, good luck,” Arabella smiled, hugging Cristiano as good as she could. “I love you,” she murmured into his chest. “I love you too. Call me if you get to the hotel, and if you need anything with Junior or yourself,” Cristiano smiled, stroking the girls head. “Alright, see you soon.” Were Cristiano’s last words before he packed his suitcases and followed his teammates out of the airport.

“How are you two not together?” Andreia asked, popping out of nowhere with Victoria in her arms. The woman made Arabella jump slightly before she smiled. “We’re best friend,” she smiled. “I know, but you two would be so cute together! Besides, don’t you think it’s time for you to settle with a man?” Andreia asked as the two women made their way out of the airport as well.

“Are you saying I’m getting old?” The 25-year old asked with a chuckle. “No! No, I’m just saying,” Andreia grinned. “I’ll be fine, Andreia,” Arabella laughed. “Maybe I’ll find a hot Brazilian and stay here to marry him and have 11 children,” she joked. Andreia threw her head back in laughter. “You’ll never know,” she winked.

Arabella smiled as she looked at Cristiano Junior. She had just tucked him in and he had immediately fallen back to sleep. She couldn’t believe that this was the way her life had turned out to be.

When she had met Cristiano she had been a complete wreck. She was a depressed, suicidal wreck. Cristiano had taken her under his wing, helped her get uphill again. He had made sure she got the right treatment. Then, when she finally knew how to be happy again, he had offered her a job as nanny. With his job he couldn’t be there for his new born baby so he had asked Arabella, someone he knew and trusted, to look after his baby son. She had agreed, happy to look after the small boy that had stolen her heart. Ever since then, she had lived with the two men. It had been a bumpy road, but it’s destination was definitely worth it.