Chapter Twenty Four - Entwined

"You know, I really had fun today," Arabella spoke. The two had just had dinner and had gotten their dessert from an ice cream truck in the park. They were walking aimlessly, enjoying their chocolate flavoured desserts.
"Me too, Bella," Manuel softly spoke as he smiled down at her.

Every since they started wandering around Manuel had had the urge to grab the girls hand and entwine their fingers, and it was becoming significantly harder to not just do it. It was as if everytime she was near him he could only focus on not trying to kiss her, and whenever he was alone all he could think about was what it would be like to have her to his own. It was becoming a vicious circle that Manuel was could not break, and it was starting to get to him. He knew that if he pushed too hard Arabella would be gone, but he also knew that if he didn't try she would eventually grow tired of him and would move on to someone new.
"Bella?" The tall man asked, looking down at the ground.
"Hmm?" The Dutch woman's answer was muffled as she had just filled her mouth with a bite of the waffle cone that was holding the now eaten ice-cream. She glanced up at Manuel with a questioning look on her face.
"Can I hold your hand?"
Arabella couldn't contain the smile that broke out on her face when she had progressed what he had said.
"Yea," she smiled.
Manuel was quick to reach for her hand after that. A tingling feeling shot through his body when he held it. Their fingers entwined with each other and Manuel smiled happily. Everything felt right about it, as if this was the way it was supposed to be.

--

Arabella and Manuel hadn't broken apart since that moment. Their fingers had been entwined for the entire rest of the night. Right up until they were stood in front of Arabella's hotel.
"Alright, text me when you get back," Arabella mumbled. She looked down at their hands and smiled softly.
"I will." Manuel reassured her. He reluctantly pulled back his hand from hers, immediately wanting to feel her touch again.
"Good," Arabella stated with a smile. "I probably won't see you tomorrow, so good luck with the match."
"Thank you, Bella."
Without thinking Manuel pulled the shorter girl in for a hug.
Arabella gasped and froze as his arms pulled her against him. The top of her head didn't come further than his chest and she felt significantly smaller than the German. A sudden feeling of safety and relaxation washed over her, catching her off guard.
As she inhaled his scent, she couldn't help but wrap her arms around him. Arabella didn't want him to let go and burried her face into his T-shirt.
Knowing they had to break apart at some point, Manuel softly let go of the girl. She looked up at him and the pair shared a smile that meant more to Arabella than she would ever admit.
"Bye Bella," Manuel whispered.
"Bye Manu."

__________
A/N
Today one of the horses I ride had to be put down and I've been crying all day.
As you guys always make me happy with comments I would want to ask you to leave one. Just to start a conversation. I really need some human interaction so I'll just ask a question that can start a conversation. This AN will be deleted as soon as I feel better. But rn im all alone and i just want to talk to someone.

So here we go:
Where are you from?