Chapter Eight - Strike!

Arabella sighed as Mesut threw his third strike. She looked at Manuel with desperation as Bastian cheered. “Please, I don’t want to lose,” she groaned. “Then hit the fricking pins,” Bastian butted in.

Arabella groaned, she sucked at bowling. As she stood up Bastian nudged Manuel, well nudging sounds too soft. He nearly pushed Manuel of his seat. “What!?” Manuel hissed. “This is your chance to be corny and romantic,” Bastian grinned. Manuel nearly choked on his own saliva as he gave Bastian a stern look. “No! No way, I’m not going to go all creepy on her!” Manuel hissed. “Do it, or I’ll do it,” Bastian stated, crossing his arms. “What?! No! I-“ Manuel started but Bastian cut him off. “Do it, or I’ll do it,” he threatened. Manuel just frowned at his friend, he wouldn’t.. would he? Bastian sighed as Manuel stayed put. “Whatever,” he sighed before walking up to Arabella.

“You have to twist your body a bit.” Bastian appeared behind Arabella, making her jump slightly. He wrapped his arms around her and showed her how to hold the ball. “Now, put this leg just a bit forward,” he said, placing his hand on her thigh.

Arabella swallowed nervously. The only person who had ever been this close to her had been Cristiano. Even though she was 25, someone giving her this kind of attention was new to her.

“Now, sweep the ball and take a few steps forward. When you’re at the edge just let the ball go,” Bastian mumbled close to her ear before he took a few steps back. She did as he said and watched the ball glide towards the pins. To her surprise all the pins fell down.

“Oh my God!” She cheered, jumping up and down. “I just threw a strike!” Her face was full of disbelieve as she turned to Bastian, who was smirking at her. He held up both his hands and she high-fived them both, before he dropped his hands and pulled her in a hug. “Thank you,” she beamed before sitting back down next to Manuel.

Manuel couldn’t believe Bastian. He actually did it, and it even worked. Arabella immediately seemed more comfortable with him. He could kick himself for not going for it when Bastian said so.

“You may have thrown a strike, you two are still behind,” Mesut grinned, sitting down next to Arabella. “Oh, can’t you just let me enjoy the moment?” Arabella groaned as they watched Bastian prepare for his throw. “I’m just saying,” he laughed.

Bastian missed a strike by just one pin, making him groan and stomp his feet. “You want me to show you how it works?” Arabella grinned sassily. “Don’t get cocky now, Arabella!” Bastian huffed, throwing the second ball and earning himself a Spare.

It now was Manuel’s turn. He got up and sent Bastian a deathly glare before walking over to the balls. Bastian just shrugged, making Mesut raise an eyebrow at his two team mates. He could feel what was coming and he wasn’t looking forward to it. Bastian had pushed Manuel’s wrong buttons and it now was only a matter of time before the gentle Manuel everyone knew would turn into a man to be scared of.

Mesut had noticed as soon as Manuel had laid his eyes upon Arabella that he had taken an interest in her. Bastian, who of course only wanted to help his friend, had gone for the wrong approach to get the man to speak to Arabella.

Manuel threw the ball and it flew across their lane in an incredible speed, knocking down all eleven of the pins. Arabella looked with wide eyes at the blonde man. She had never seen someone throw a bowling ball with that much power. Manuel turned around and walked back, grinning at Bastian who frowned at him.

Mesut was right, Manuel was pissed.