Chapter One - Welcome Home

"Arabella!" The screeching voice of Cristiano Jr. could be heard from miles away. "Hey, little man!" She grinned, catching the running boy and spinning a circle with him in her arms. "I missed you!" The little boy said, placing his head on the girls shoulder.

"It's true, he has been counting down the days ever since you left." Cristiano's heavy voice was heard before his body appeared around the corner. He walked into the corridor of his home, a big smile on his face. "Cristiano!" Arabella let out happily. He opened his arms for her and she happily fell into them, still clutching Cristiano Jr. to her side. "I missed you guys!" She mumbled into Cristiano's shoulder. "We missed you too," mumbled Cristiano.

Two months ago Arabella had gone back to Holland, the land where she was from, so that she could be with her best friend in his last days. Dennis had been her best friend ever since primary school and these last two months had been hard for her.

When Dennis was 20 he was diagnosed with lung cancer. It had started off okay, he had gotten the right treatment and he seemed to be alright again until last year. In his 24th year on earth cancer stroke back, this time much worse than the last time. Dennis however, refused to go through the chemo treatments again. The doctors gave him a year tops, and he made sure that year was his greatest. He did everything he had wanted to do, he travelled, he went diving, he learned how to fly a helicopter.

Then, two months ago he had asked Arabella to come back so they could go on a roadtrip. It was the last thing on his bucket list. So of course, Arabella immediately asked Cristiano if he was okay with it. Cris had been extremely understanding and supportive, he even offered to pay for things like gas, but that offer had been denied by Dennis as he wanted to spend his last money on this.

So Arabella had packed her bags and two days later she was sat in a car, Dennis next to her. And that was how they had spent two weeks. Just driving, sightseeing and laughing. It had been great and Dennis visibly enjoyed it.

Sadly, just three weeks after their trip, Dennis had blown out his last breath. It had been heavy, but Cristiano had been there for her, even though she was thousands of miles away. And now she had returned home.

She broke off the hug and placed Cristiano Jr. on the ground. He immediately walked off with one of her suitcases, dragging it behind him towards her room.

"Are you okay?" Cristiano asked as soon as his son had left the hallway. He had spent the last three weeks worrying about her. He knew about her past and he had been biting his fingers to the bone, praying that she wouldn't do anything to hurt herself.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Arabella lied, but Cristiano could see right through her lie. "You're not, don't lie to me." He said, cupping her face with his hands. "You don't have to lie to me, you know I can see right through it." Cristiano sighed. He studied her face, taking in every inch of it. It had changed, not drastically; the outside world wouldn't notice. But Cristiano had noticed how her bright blue eyes were duller and dark circles had formed around them. Her cheeks and sunken in a bit, making him wonder if she had eaten enough.

"I'm sorry," she murmured, looking down to Cristiano's chest. "You know you can talk to me, right?" Cristiano asked, ignoring her apology. "Yes," she whispered. Cristiano took a deep sigh, knowing she was just saying what he wanted to hear. "You're sleeping with me tonight," he stated. Her eyes shot up at him.

"Why?" She asked, finding his extreme concern a bit annoying. "I just want to be able to keep an eye on you." Cristiano said. Abruptly Arabella pushed herself away from him. "Why? Don't you trust me!?" She asked. Cristiano could see the fire build up in her eyes as she rose her voice. "No, I just-" Cristiano started, but Arabella had already cut him off. "Were you going to check my body on fresh scars as well!? I thought by now you would have faith in me being clean, Cristiano. After all I did it for you!" She fought.

"Arabella?" Cristiano Jr. his small voice broke her death stare towards Cristiano. "Yes baby?" she asked, suddenly a lot less angry. "What's going on?" The little boy asked confused. "Nothing baby, everything is fine," she breathed, crouching down and opening her arms. He happily walked into them and threw his little arms around the girls neck. "Come on, let's go fix some dinner." Arabella said to the little boy, lifting him up and walking past Cristiano without even glancing at him.

A/N: Hi! I'm sorry if the grammar isn't correct, English is not my first language. If there is a mistake please tell me so I can fix it! (: