Chapter Nine - Plans

“I can’t believe we lost to you two!” Arabella groaned as she watched Mesut and Bastian eat like a couple of pigs.

They went to have dinner in the hotel’s restaurant straight after their bowling game had finished. She was sat next to Manuel, who sympathetically smiled at her. “Well, better luck next time,” he smiled. Arabella smiled back at him and nodded.

Arabella had found herself feeling different around Manuel. Not a bad kind of different, a good kind. A really, really, really good kind of different.

“Are we doing something after this, or are you going back to Portuguese base?” Mesut asked. Arabella shrugged. She was really enjoying herself, but she also wanted to check on Junior. “Let me guess, you’re worrying about Junior,” Mesut chuckled. Arabella nodded, making Mesut laugh. “Ara, he’s with his father, his fáther! I really don’t think you have to worry about him!” Mesut tried to pursue her. “I know,” Arabella admitted.

“Well, whatever you three do after dinner, I have got a sport massage planned,” Bastian said sadly. He really hated those massages, they we’re way too painful to be called a massage. It was more a treatment people could use to get terrorists to speak up about their crimes. It was pure torture for the German footballer.

Mesut patted his team mate on the back in support, he knew how painful those could be after a day on the field.

“We could take a walk on the beach,” Mesut said, looking at his two friends with a small grin. He was creating the perfect opportunity for them to get to know each other.

Mesut had noticed how Arabella acted around Manuel. It was not a drastic change in behaviour, but he noticed how she smiled more often around him. He noticed how she paid attention to ever word he said, even if it wasn’t important. It made him feel happy that there was a chance that they would fall in love. He knew Manuel, and he knew for sure that he would be a great man for her.

“That sounds good!” Arabella said happily before taking a sip of her drink. “I love the beach,” she mused.

It was true. She loved the salty smell and the sound of the waves, it made her happy.

“I know, that’s why I suggested it,” Mesut laughed, looking at his friend. She smiled brightly at him before Bastian stood up.

“Well, I have to go,” he said with a frown. Arabella smiled softly and stood up. “Good luck,” she teased, throwing her arms around his neck. “Yea, thanks,” Bastian mumbled, hugging her back for a second.

“See you two tomorrow,” Bastian said, nodding at his teammates before leaving. Manuel just ignored him while Mesut waved at him, and then it was just the three of them.