Chapter Six - Schweinsteiger

“So, are you coming with us?” Mesut asked when they were about to leave. They had been sat in the dressing room for about an hour and Junior started to get tired. “I’d love to but I have to take care of Junior,” Arabella apologized. “No, I got him, you should go,” Cristiano said. He knew how great of a friend Mesut had been to her and he wanted her to spend some time with him.

“Are you sure?” Arabella asked. “Yes, I’m sure, now go!” Cristiano laughed. “Alright then,” she smiled before giving the two Cristiano’s a hug. She grabbed her bag, said her last goodbyes and then she left together with Mesut and Manuel.

“You should come visit me in Arsenal sometime,” Mesut said as they walked towards the team busses. “I’d love too, but I have a child to look after,” Arabella frowned. “Well, I’m sure Cristiano can find someone else for the short time being,” Manuel butted in. Arabella looked at him, still with a frown on her face. “Yes, I know,” she admitted. “But I don’t like leaving Junior with strangers.” Manuel smiled sympathetically. “You act like he’s your own,” he said. “I know, he sort of is,” Arabella smiled while they sat down in one of the busses. “I mean when Cris is away I’m all he’s got, he even calls me ‘mum’ sometimes.” The bright smile on Arabella’s face made Manuel smile as well.

He found it adorable how she cared for the child. A child that wasn’t even hers. Manuel had no doubt in mind that one day she would make a great mother. He watched her as she spoke to Mesut. She was mesmerizing. Her way of moving, her way of talking, her bright blue eyes that sparkled with happiness, yet Manuel could tell they had seen a lot of pain and sadness, it was all mesmerizing to him.

“Stop staring,” Bastian Schweinsteiger, one of the German players, whispered as he sat down next to Manuel. Manuel, who jumped slightly, directed his gaze to Bastian before punching his upper arm. “Don’t do that,” he stated, still a bit startled. Bastian laughed loudly as he watched Manuel get himself back together.

“She’s pretty,” Bastian admitted in a hushed voice as he looked between the seats to Arabella. Manuel chuckled and nodded. He knew that there was no point in denying anything to Bastian. “You should go for it you know, you never know,” Bastian said, trying to help his friend.

Bastian knew how much Manuel struggled with getting the courage to actually make a move, especially with girls like Arabella. Bastian knew from just seeing Arabella that she was a girl that wouldn’t just say ‘yes’ because Manuel is a famous footballer. She would only say yes to a date if she actually liked Manuel. But Bastian was going to try everything he could to help Manuel.

“No, but I tried to get him to stop and then he just threw the paint straight at the wall,” Arabella said. She was telling about one of Juniors tantrums. Mesut was laughing like a maniac. “I thought the kid well,” he admitted. “You should’ve seen Cris thought, he was trying so hard to not get pissed,” Arabella grinned. “I can imagine, but still,” Mesut laughed. Arabella rolled her eyes at him with a grin.

Mesut looked behind them because Manuel had gone quiet when he noticed Bastian. “Bastian! When did you get here?” Mesut asked surprised. He hadn’t noticed the man walking past them. “A while ago,” Bastian grinned. “I’m Bastian, by the way,” he introduced. Arabella smiled. “I’m Arabella,” she said. “Nice name, but you speak German, where are you from?” Bastian asked. “I’m from Holland,” Arabella smiled. “We learn German in school.”

As the two got into a conversation Manuel just looked with envy. Bastian had already come to find out more about her in 10 minutes than he had in two hours.

“Oh, are you from around Amsterdam?” Bastian asked, suddenly extremely interested. Arabella grinned. “I lived about thirty minutes from Amsterdam, but I’ve been there a lot. I mean with AJAX and all,” she grinned. “Are you serious, you’re an AJAX supporter?” Bastian asked, cocking his eyebrow. “Well, I just enjoy the players they have. I mean have you seen Cillissen in the goal? He is definitely an upcoming big name,” Arabella said. “Don’t say that in front of Manuel,” Bastian mocked, making Arabella send Manuel an apologetic look. “Not as good as Neuer, of course,” she winked, making Manuel fight a smile.