Chapter Eleven - So it's a date?

SECOND UPDATE TODAY BECAUSE MY MAN JUST WON HIS 4TH STAGE. OKAY THIS IS A CELEBRATION POST BECAUSE THE FINAL SPRINT WAS SO NERVE WRECKING AND I BARELY HAVE ANY NAILS LEFT AND I WANTED TO SHARE THAT WITH YOU GUYS. I'M SO HAPPY HALLELUJAH

“Oh my God!” Arabella cried hysterically. “It’s not funny!” Manuel tried to stay serious, but he couldn’t help but chuckle at sight of Arabella. “It is!” She argued with a smile. “Oh, please explain how me embarrassing myself in front of the whole of Germany is funny,” Manuel grinned, cocking his eyebrow. “It just is!” Arabella laughed, pushing his shoulder. Manuel rolled his eyes before staring to the horizon.

The two fell silent as they stared at the sun disappearing behind the water. Arabella’s thoughts went off like a rollercoaster. She honestly felt like she was going crazy at the moment. Not in a bad way, though. No, this time it was filled with Manuel.

It confused Arabella to no end that he was on her mind. He was sat right next to her, yet she was thinking about him.

“It’s beautiful,” Manuel mumbled, breaking Arabella’s train of thoughts. “I know,” she smiled. Manuel looked at her from the corner of his eye and smiled. She looked beautiful.

Manuel sighed, trying to find the courage to ask her what he had been wanting her to ask since he saw her. He would be forever kicking himself if this was the last time he saw her.

However, he was dumbfounded when Arabella –much to her own surprise as well- beat him to it.

“So, do you want to hang out tomorrow?” Her mouth was moving without her thinking. When she heard herself say the words she panicked. What if he says no, what if he hurts her, what if- “I’d like that,” Manuel smiled happily. Arabella smiled. “We could go for ice-cream after my training?” he suggested. Arabella nodded, “That sounds nice.”

**

“Well, it was fun today, I’ll see you tomorrow,” Arabella smiled, hugging Manuel. “Yeah, I’ll use Mesut to get your number,” Manuel said. He had left his phone in his hotel room, and with his memory there was no way he would remind her number until he got back.

“Alright, bye,” she smiled. “Bye.” Arabella hear him say as she walked towards Cristiano, who was waiting in his rental car.

When she got in, he looked at her with a wicked grin. Arabella, who was creeped out slightly, cocked her eyebrow at him. “What?” She asked, buckling her seatbelt. “Ara is in love, Ara is in love,” Cristiano sang in an annoying voice. Arabella laughed and punched his upper arm. “Shut up, he’s nice,” she smiled. Cristiano just grinned but said nothing as he focused on the road.

He noticed how Arabella’s eyes were sparkling when she got in his car. He also noticed the way Manuel looked at her as she walked away from him.

He had to admit that when Mesut texted him he had left them alone Cristiano hadn’t been happy at all, but seeing Arabella like this made him glad Mesut did.