Chapter 17 - Full

"How can you not like chicken? Were you dropped as a baby or something?" Arabella questioned, looking at the left over piece of chicken on Manuels plate in disbelieve. She had already finished eating, her dinner being a big plate of cold pasta with pieces of chicken, some tomato, cucumber, a few slices of apple and lettuce.

Manuel looked at her with raised eyebrows. "No, it's just not my thing," he confessed, dropping his gaze from Arabella to the left over chickenleg on his plate.

"Jesus Christ," Arabella muttered, yanking the plate from Manuels lap. As she picked up the chicken as if it were something extremely precious Manuel looked at her.

"Sure, you can have it. Go ahead, enjoy yourself. Be my guest," Manuel muttered with sarcasm dripping from his voice as Arabella took a bite. Giving him a glance from the corner of her eye, she grinned. The orange marinade that chicken was covered in stuck to her cheeks. Manuel gagged playfully, not finding it that disgusting at all, and Arabella blushed.

You stupid piece of shit, you couldn't just hold yourself in, could you? Arabella though grumpily. She was about to put the chicken down, feeling ashamed but stopped mid-way. Don't pussy out now, Arabella, if he can't handle this he's definitely not the right person for you.

Manuel, who wasn't even paying a second thought to his fake gag, looked at her. He had his head cocked sideways as he leant back and studied her. It was fair to admit that Arabella was gorgeous. Her dark wavy hair was tied into a messy ponytail, her wide white blouse hung losely around her and her shorts had crept up slightly, making her entire legs visible. Manuel followed her legs down, all the way to her bare feet. She had pulled of her sandels as soon as she stepped into his room, claiming the were hurting her feet.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, Mr Neuer, but I feel like you are checking me out," Arabella said, placing the chicken bone back on the plate before placing the plate on the nightstand. Turning slightly pink, Manuel quickly looked away. He could hear Arabella's laugh as she sat back down onto the bed.

"I'm so full!" she exclaimed, falling backwards onto the bed, her arms stretched above her head. Her stomach felt like it was going to explode, which wasn't even exaggeration. Manuel laughed and poked her slightly exposed stomach. Arabella groaned and made a gag noise. "If you throw up in my bed, I'm sleeping in yours," Manuel grinned cheekily. Arabella snorted. "Yea right, try and get passed Cristiano first," she grinned.

This time it was Manuel who snorted before flexing his arms. "Not to be rude, but I'd snap him like a twig," he boasted. Arabella laughed, secretly appreciating the frontrow seats to the Manuel gunshow. Manuel relaxed his muscles and laughed with her, falling on his back as well. The both of them fell silent as they the after-dinner-dip hit them like a truck.

"If you fall asleep I can't guarantee you won't wake up with dicks drawn all over your face," Manuel mumbled, his eyes closed.

"Same goes for you, Neuer," Arabella joked, looking at him with a smile. When she noticed Manuel had his eyes closed she smiled. She couldn't blame him for being tired, so she just let him.

Even though it probably sounds a bit creepy, Arabella watched him fall asleep. She watched his breathing becoming more and more even, as his muscles relaxed more and more. Arabella felt as if she shouldn't be here, turned on her side, watching the German fall asleep. But still she stayed, not even daring to blink, fearing the movement would stop the tired man from falling asleep entirely.
Just when she thought Manuel had fallen asleep, his hand found her upper leg as he mumbled something that made no sense in any language.

Arabella stayed still for a while, waiting long enough to be sure that Manuel was asleep before she took his hand and softly placed it back next to his side.

Being as still as possible, Arabella stood up. She tiptoed towards the door, picking up her sandals. She didn't want to wake Manuel up by falling face first to the floor because she couldn't keep her balance.

As she opened the door Manuel stirred. "Stay," he mumbled. Arabella smiled to herself as she looked over her shoulder. "Gute nacht, Manuel."