Chapter Seven - Bowling

“Home sweet home!” Mesut sighed as the bus pulled up in front of the hotel. Arabella looked at him weirdly. “It’s a hotel, you dumbo,” she grinned. “Shut up.” Mesut pushed her shoulder as they stood up.

“So what now?” Arabella asked as she was stood in front of the hotel together with Mesut, Manuel and Bastian. “We could go to the beach and have dinner there afterwards,” Mesut suggested. “I don’t have a bikini,” Arabella said, sending a deathly glare towards Mesut. He knew about her problem and he knew she wouldn’t go to the beach. “Oh right,” Mesut said, feeling like an idiot for forgetting. “I’m sorry,” he mimed. Arabella offered him a small smile and looked at her shoes.

Manuel looked at Arabella with a questioning expression on his face. He could sense that this was not just about a bikini, and he desperately wanted to know what was wrong. It seemed to be really bothering her as her mood immediately changed.

Bastian, who didn’t notice the change in everybody’s mood, perked up. “We could go bowling in the hotel,” he grinned. Mesut nodded excited, as well as Arabella who decided not to let it get to her. Manuel nodded in agreement and thus the four made their way inside.

“I’m with Mesut!” Arabella shouted as soon as they were stood in front of their alley. “But he’s good at this!” Bastian whined. “Exactly,” Arabella winked. “No, I want to win, I’m going with Mesut,” Bastian said, crossing his arms. Manuel made a weird noise and looked at Bastian with an offended frown. “Mate, I love you but you suck at bowling,” Bastian said, patting Manuel’s shoulder.

“No, I said it first so I’m teaming with Mesut,” Arabella said, making herself look taller and getting in Bastian’s face with a grin. “No, this was my idea so I’m going with him,” Bastian defended, taking a step closer as well.

“No!”

“Yes!”

“No!”

“Yes!”

“No!”

Bastian, who noticed how close they were, pursed his lips and made a kissy face. Arabella let out an offended gasp and stepped back, making Bastian grin in victory. “You backed down first, I’m teaming with Mesut!” He cheered, doing a weird dance. Arabella huffed and sat down next to Manuel. “We’re so going to lose,” she groaned.