Chapter Eighteen - Ping

A/N: Dear silent readers, please feel free to comment on my story. I'd love to have some feedback or just know your opinion on the story so far! :)

When Manuel woke up he yawned. He shot up straight after that. How could he fall asleep on what was technically his first date with Arabella!? How could he have been such an idiot!?

He looked around to see if Arabella was still here, but she wasn't. Arabella was gone. Beside the second empty plate and glass there was no evidence there even had been a second person in his hotel room last night.

"Shit," he cursed with clenched teeth, quickly grabbing his phone from the night stand, ready to apologise.

'Hey, Manuel. I didn't have the heart to wake you up, you looked so cute and innocent while sleeping. I had fun yesterday, I hope you did too.'

Manuel read the text message before sighing with relieve. She wasn't angry and she didn't leave with the intention of never talking to him again. He still had somewhat of a chance.

'I had a lot of fun, Arabella. I'm sorry I fell asleep. In no way it means that you were boring me! However there were no dicks drawn on my face when I woke up.'

Manuel contemplated whether or not he should send it, but quickly pressed send. He knew that if he didn't press send then, he would probably be rewriting that text message for hours until he thought it was right.

As her phone pinged, Arabella grabbed it quickly. It's not like she was waiting for Manuel to reply, but she was kind of waiting for Manuel to reply. Don't judge her, she never had interest in a boy like she had in Manuel.

Her eyes scanned the text message and she couldn't contain her smile. He wasn't mad that she had just left when he asked her to stay. Maybe it was just a sleep reflex kind of thing.

'I didn't have the heart. Can you imagine playing your next match with dicks all over your face? Or did you think I wouldn't use a permanent marker?'

Arabella placed her phone back on the arm of the sofa she was sitting on and clutched her cup of cappuccino. That was the only form of coffee she could drink without scrunching her face after every sip.

Her phone beeped again and Arabella grabbed it witb the speed of lightning. She couldn't help but feel disappointed when the screen said 'Mesut send you a text message' instead of 'Manuel'.

'Ay bae, Netflix 'n chill? Lol jk dats nasty. No, but do you want to hang out? I've missed our let's-do-nothing-but-talk-shit-to-each-other sessions.'

Arabella chuckled at Mesut's text before replying with quick 'sure'.

She was about to lock her phone when it pinged again.

'How very kind of you, my lady. Forgive me if I'm being to quick but wanna do something today?'

Arabella groaned, regretting she had just said yes to Mesut.

'Mesut beat you to it, Manuel, I'm sorry. But if it's fine by him feel free to join.'

Not even a minute later her phone indicated that Mesut had texted her.

'Fuck no, I refuse to become the third wheel on a date I set up!'

Arabella laughed and shook her head, not that Mesut could see.

'Don't be a little bitch, Mesut. You wittle cwy baby.'

'Fine, but if I feel like a third wheel for even a second I will punch you in the tit.'

Arabella laughed at his reply and locked her phone. She was happy her and Mesut were still on the same level of friendship as they were on before he left Madrid.