Chapter Twelve - Best Friend Talks

“Crissy!” Arabella cheered as the little boy came running up to her. “Where were you?” He asked as she picked him up of the ground. “I had dinner with Mesut and his friends.” The little boy’s eyes lit up at the mention of Mesut.

When Mesut was still in Madrid, he took Arabella and Junior to the park a lot. Junior adored the man, and was sad when he announced he was leaving.

“I want to come next time,” Junior said, looking at Arabella with sleepy eyes. “Then I’ll take you next time,” she spoke with a hushed voice. Junior smiled at her before looking at his father.

“I think it’s time for you to go to bed,” Cristiano said to his son, taking him from Arabella’s arms. Junior didn’t even fight his father, he was that tired he didn’t even want to anymore. He just let his dad place him in bed.

**

“So, you and Neuer?” Cristiano grinned as he and Arabella were sat on the sofa. Both were enjoying a single glass of red wine. “Oh, don’t even start,” Arabella laughed while rolling her eyes. “Don’t tell me you don’t like him,” Cristiano pursued. “I just met the man, I can’t possibly have a clear judgement on him yet,” Arabella sighed, taking a sip of wine.

Cristiano smiled at the girl. “That’s where dates are for, to get to know each other,” he explained. Arabella looked at him with a frown. “How stupid do you think I am, Ronaldo?” She grinned. Cristiano knew it was a rhetorical question, yet he answered with a simple “very”, making Arabella roll her eyes at him. “You’re such a child sometimes,” she sighed, making Cristiano grin.

“Well, I’m going to bed,” Arabella sighed, standing up. She placed her empty glass of wine on the table before kissing Cristiano’s cheek. “Goodnight,” she mumbled. “Goodnight, I love you.”

“I love you too,” Arabella mumbled before she disappeared to get ready for bed.