chapter 2

I sat at my usual spot backstage, on some empty equipment boxes. I was on my phone texting my best friend while listening to the people sing. I never really enjoyed watching the auditions. It always broke my heart to see the people's reaction when they didnt make it through. A crew member would stop amd say hi to me since they always saw me backstage. Carlos was my favorite, he would always joke around with me. He asked me if i was coming along to the next city. And the answer was yes. I always traveled with the show. I am a true daddy's girl. I cant stand to be away from my father. He is the only constant in my life. No matter how bad I fuck up, he is always there for me at the end of the day. And to be honest, I cant live without my dad.
"Ali me and Paulina are going to lunch. Want to come? Your father said he was staying here." Demi asked grabbing her purse and jacket.
"Nah. I want to stay with my dad." I offered her a smile and hopped off the empty boxes.
"You are such a daddy's girl. See you in an hour." she said since they only get an hour lunch before they have to watch more auditions. I walked down some of the corridors till I found my dad's dressing room. I knocked on the door but he did reply to me but I could here his voice, so I walked right in.
"She isnt that big of a trouble. She just needs a watchful eye." he said into his phone. I got this feeling I wasnt supposed to hear this conversation. But since his back was to me he didnt even knew I entered so he continued to talk. "I think it'll be good for the boys too." he took a long pause listen to what the person the other end was saying. "Not the whole tour. Maybe a month or two. She will learn quickly. " he said and I could practical hear his smirk. "Alright thank you Paul. I will see you tomorrow then." he said with a stiff nod and hung up the phone. I stepped back positioning myself so it looked like I just walked in the room.
"hey daddy." I said putting on a fake cheery smile.
"Hello sweetheart. " he said sitting down on the couch. "do want to go get something for lunch? We have about 40 mintues left of break. " he offered.
"No. I am not that hungry anyways." I sat down next to him on the couch and he wrapped an arm around me. This was how it was supposed to be, Just me and my dad. No cameras or fliming crew following us around. I love my dad to death but sometimes his fame got on my nerves. it is so quite right now and I dont get much of that anymore. But if my dad his happy then I couldn't be anymore happier.
"I am sorry I got arrested again. I am going to try harder, dad. I promise." I said to him.
"I know you are sorry. But sweetheart this has to stop. You have gotten so out of hand, I don't know what to with you anymore. I have tryed everything I can think of."
"I am trying harder I really am." I whisper back to him.
"yes I know. But you have to grow up Ali."
"I know. And I am going to try to do that." I said
" Ali, I want you to go on tour with one of my clients. It will be for..."
"No! I am not going anywhere. I am staying here with you. I just can't go." I interrupted standing from the couch.
"Ali it will be good for you! You cant stay with me forever sweetheart. You need to learn how to live on your own. And this can really help you." he stood from the couch also.
" how is sending me away from you a good thing?!" I yelled at him.
"Honey, I know it is a hard thing to wrap your head around but I think you should really do this."
"I'm not ready for this big of a change. I'm just not."
"Ali, you are 19 years old. You are ready I promise. It is just all in your mind." he said and I heard his phone beep saying he had a text message. He pulled out his phone and muttered an apology to me. He read over the text and smiled. "The boys said yes to it." he said and replied to the message. "Everything is all set up. You leave tomorrow at noon." he said to me.
"T-t-tomorrow? T-that's so soon. Daddy I cant do this. I am not going." I said in a panic tone. "I don't want to leave. I want to stay here with you and travel with the show just like we do every year. Together. That is always how it has been and it should always be that way." I finished saying.
"I know you don't like change Ali. But this will teach you responsibility." He said and stepped closer to me. He wrapped his arms around me and continued to speak. "It is going to be hard but it is the only thing I can think of now. I know you want to travel with the show and me because I am your father. But Sweetie you can't stay with me forever. You need to go out on your own and make some friends."
"I have friends. Demi is one of my best friends. And Carlos the backstage person is my friend. And the girls that one in 2011, Little Mix are my friends. And the contestants always become my friends. I have friends." I protested to him.
"You need friends outside of the show. How about we make a deal about this?" He suggested to me. I nodded and let him continue. "How about you go for 2 weeks then you can come home with me for awhile. But you have to go back and finish the tour with them. Does that sound okay?" I thought about it and weighed out the pros and cons.
"I guess I can do that." I whispered to him and gave him a hug and he hugged me back. "Who am I going to go on tour with anyway?" I asked when I realized I didn't even know.
"Remember when you were 16 and there was that boy band that took third that I mentored that year?" He asked. I nodded and barley remembered the band. "We'll it is them. One Direction."
"You are sending me away on a tour bus with 5 other boys?" I asked stepping away from him raising an eyebrow at him.
"Yes but they know the rules." He said and I had no idea what 'the rules' are.
"Mr. Crowell we are back on in ten." A stage manager said peaking their head in the room. He nodded at them and walked over to the small desk in the room picking up his reading glasses.
"I will have Jerry take you home so you start to pack." He said and I followed him out the door.
"Bye darling. I love you. See you when I get home." He said and kissed the top of my head.
"Bye daddy love you." I said then followed Jerry out of the building and into the car so he could take me home.