Chapter 3

When I got home I packed the bags that I had with as many clothes that I had. I didn't really know what to pack so I just packed as much as I could. Our housekeeper, Izzy, helped me pack some of my stuff too. She is really nice and she is always joking around. But she left to go start some laundry. So I was all alone right now in my room. I was sitting on my bed watching reruns of Friends when I heard me phone ring. I didn't recognize the number but I answered it anyway.

"Hello!" I said into the phone.

"Yo, Ali! You coming to the party tonight at Red's or not?" My friend Joey yelled Into the phone. He must have got a new number since the last time I saw him.

"I want to but I can't. I got arrest again today and I promised my dad I wouldn't party anymore." I said to him.

"Oh come on girl! Stop being such a goodie goodie! Come party with me!!" He already sounding high or drunk. But those are my friends. We always drank of got high. I was ashamed of it but I liked the feeling. You just feel so care free and I have no worries.

"I can't Joey. I promised my dad I would stop my bad ways." I sighed into the phone.

"Bad ways? You mean fun ways!"

"Yeah it is fun but I can't get caught again. So I can't take the risk."

"Come on baby! I will pick you up! Just come party with me!!" He said

"Joey, you are drunk." I said to him through the phone.

"Maybe!? But I am having fun! And so should you. So get your pretty ass down here and PAR-TY!!" He yelled into the phone. I shock my head even thro he couldn't see me.

"I can't bye Joey." I said then hung the phone up. I was going to get total shit for this next time I see my friends. But since I leaving tomorrow I don't know when the next I would see them. I gently placed my head on the pillow and focused in the tv once again.

An hour later I heard a knock on my door and I watched as the door creak open.

"Hello sweetheart. I brought home some Chinese takeout." My dad said as he walked over to my bed. I sat up and moved over so he could sit down next to me. He sat down and took the food out of the plastic bag. He handed my my favorite, shrimp and lo mien noodles. He gave me a plastic fork and we started to eat and watch the tv together.

"I think we should a monkey like Ross has." my dad said beside me when the pet monkey came on the tv.

"I don't know if I want a monkey. But if you want one we can get one." I said to him.

"If you don't want one then we won't get one, sweetheart." He said.

"Okay." Was all I said back to him. We watched tv together for hours until I felt like I was falling asleep.

"Goodnight darling. I love you." my dad said kissing my head and pulling the covers up to my chin.

"Night daddy. Love you." I mumbled back. I heard the door shut and that is when I finally fell asleep.

-----------

"Alice. Wake up sweetheart. We have to get to the airport. It's already 10 o'clock." I heard my dads voice say. I kept my eyes closed and put the pillow over my head to block out the sound and light. I felt a light shake on my shoulder and my dad saying more words I couldn't make out.

"Leave my alone." I groaned and pulled the covers over my head too.

"You have to wake up so you won be late for your flight." he cooed trying to get me out of bed.

"I don't want to go." I said back.

"I know honey. But Izzy made waffles and eggs. It's waiting down stairs for you." He said causes he knows I can't say no to food.

"Fine. I'm up. I'm up." I said peeling the covers off of me. I sat up in bed and put my slippers on and a robe. I made my way down stairs to the kitchen where I saw a plate of eggs, two waffles, and a bowl of fruit sitting at the table for me.

"Good morning sunshine." Izzy said whipping her hands with a towel.

"Morning Izzy. Thank you for breakfast." I said grabbing my plate so I could eat in my room. She gave me a kiss on the cheek and muttered a 'your welcome.' I walked back up the stairs and stopped by my dads office.

"Dad, what if these boys don't like me?" I asked setting my plate down on the desk and sitting on the edge of it with my feet dangling.

"I am sure they will like you darling." He said taking a grape off my plate and putting it in his mouth. I didn't reply to him just finished eating. I stayed in his office too. He got a few phone calls and stuff like that. When I was done eating Izzy came in and took my plate.

"Go get ready sweetie. We need to leave soon." I nodded at him letting him know I heard him. I left the office and went to my room getting dressed and putting on my hair and makeup. I finished the last bit of packing I had to do and the next thing I knew my dad was saying good bye and I was boarding the plane.