Art Room Shenanigans

Hey Gus?

Hey you, what's up?

Not much. Can't sleep.

Too busy thinking?

Yeah.

About what?

You.

I'm fine Rain. Tonight has been good, the boys are all asleep and I can hear Frank downstairs watching TV. I'm good.

You sure?

Positive! You know what? I was thinking that we should go out tomorrow night.

Ohhh... A date?

Yup!

Okay, where were you thinking?

There is this funky coffee shop downtown. It reminded me of you, and I wanted to show you it.

You are such a dork... I love you.

Hehe, Love you too ya nerd.

Only a dork would type 'hehe'! Now I'm laughing you butt! Look what you've done!

Good, then I've done my job!

Okay, okay, so when were you thinking about taking me on this date?

After school? We could walk there, it'snot too long of a walk.

Sure, sounds nice!

Okay, awesome. You good to fall asleep now?

I guess so. I just wish you were here.

Me too. If I were there I'd hold you in my arms and kiss your neck until your face was red then I'd kiss your cute lips and make you smile your silly adorable smile. And I would fall asleep right next to you with my arms wrapped around you like a blanket.

I would never be able to fall asleep with you there! You would kiss me the whole time and then I would be awake, wanting to kiss you back!

Ohhh, sounds like a plan!

Oh my god, Gus. I'm laughing so hard right now.

I bet something's hard...

Gus!

What?!

You are such a butt, stoppp

Haha, fine. I should go then, get some sleep okay?

I'll try.

Love you.

Love you too Gus.

We texted late into the night, Gus's silly antics making my mood much better so eventually I fell asleep staring at the growing collection of Gus's artwork on my wall. The next morning I woke up before my alarm clock which was something of a rarity. I got up, had a much needed shower and got dressed in black skinnies, a maroon t-shirt that was baggy and had holes ripped into the seams, and a dark jean jacket. I also put on my old dog tag necklace that I forgot about, It reminded me of the old beach town, my dad and my old life. It was comforting, but I was glad that we moved here. I had fallen in love. Sure I had had some really hard times, damn they were difficult, but I had fallen in love. I had fallen in love with someone that loves me back, someone kind, and gentle, someone broken, who needs me as much as I need him, someone who wants to get better, and wants me to be safe, and warm, someone who loves me for who I am and accepts that. I love Gus. As I was standing in front of the bathroom mirror staring at my angular, dark face I realized that I really didn't want to hide our relationship anymore. I wanted to hold Gus's hand, and share little kisses, and to hug him in public, I wanted to come out at school so I could hold him and not worry if anyone was looking. But what if the boys from Gus's home found out? What would happen? It probably was the best idea to hide it until Gus could leave the home legally. But every inch of my body ached to be able to call him mine in front of everyone.