Flirtatious Hospital Make-Out Sessions

When my mother arrived home I walked out of my room to meet her in the living room.

"Hey Mum, how'd it go?" I asked her eagerly as she put her purse down on the coffee table.

"Very well actually." She said happily with a tired smile, "Both women were very nice, they currently have two foster children and one adopted daughter. Both women are doctors and they seem like a very family-oriented couple. I think they could really help Gus, even if it is only for a little while." I smiled at that. I was so happy, I just hoped it worked out.

After a while my mother went to bed tired from the long day and I found myself lying on my back staring at the ceiling from my bed. I wondered what Gus was doing, probably still sleeping. I looked over at my clock, 3:45am... jeeze, where did the time go? I kept day dreaming about about me and Gus in the future. About moving in together, getting a pet, maybe going travelling with each other. I loved him so much and I was so happy that he was getting a chance to live a better life. Who knows, maybe these women would take him in and actually really help him, maybe he could get counselling for all that he has gone through and maybe they can help him quit smoking, if not at least they would pay for more medication. I kept thinking of the endless possibilities for Gus and I in the future and slowly I drifted off into sleep.

"Rain!" I woke up startled to my mother's voice calling me from the other room. "Wake up!" I groaned as I slowly dragged my long legs out of bed and slugged my way to the bathroom for a cold shower. As the freezing water trickled down the muscles of my back and chest, I quickly woke up refreshed from the late night I had staying up and just thinking. I couldn't seem to turn off my brain, but at least now the concussion had gone away. I stepped out of the cold shower, toweled off, and got dressed. It seemed like my days were becoming patterned; wake up, shower, get dressed, leave the house, visit Gus in the hospital, come home exhausted, eventually get a few hours of sleep and repeat.

My mother drove me to the hospital again but didn't come up this time, she had to go back to work so she left me at the entrance. Walking down the halls towards Gus's room I noticed a familiar long, blond pony tail.

"Amber?" I said as I approached the elegant looking woman.

"Oh, good morning Rain, how are you?" She said quickly.

"Fine. What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I just got off the phone and finished talking with Gus a few minutes ago, I'm sure he will fill you in on all the details, I'm just on my way to a meeting. Nice seeing you." She waved goodbye then was quickly on her way. She seemed like a very busy person, I wonder if she ever had a break. I shook my thoughts away and opened Gus's door without knocking.

"Jesus!" I heard a surprised shout come from the room as I opened the door. Standing in front of me was a very handsome, almost naked Gus. He was wearing nothing but a pair of my batman boxers I had brought him, a wet towel heaped into a pile on the floor and by the looks of it he was pulling a pair of my black skinny jeans on, that were miles too big on him. I smiled at the sight.

"Nice view..." I said with a small smile as Gus realized it was me and the red in his face started to die down a bit.

"You scared me, you ass." I chuckled a little as I made my way over to his bed to sit down. He finished pulling up the baggy, skinny jeans and followed me to the bed without a shirt.

"You know they brought you your stuff yesterday." I said noticing how he was wearing all of my clothes. A large smile was wrapped on my face.

"Yah, so?" He said with a small blush creeping on his face.

"Oh nothing." I chuckled, "So, what's with you and no shirts lately?" I asked casually.

"What? You don't like it?" He said cracking a goofy smile.

"Mmm, quite the opposite. I was just wondering." Gus winked and turned towards me, bringing one of his hands up to graze my cheek and kissed my lips. The feel of him on me was blissful, it felt like the calm ocean meeting a cool summer breeze, it felt like melted chocolate over a roasted marshmallow by a toasty fire. I closed my eyes and surrendered to the easy way that Gus's touch could pull me into such a peaceful trance. He broke away from the kiss with a big grin on his face. It was then that I noticed that most of the bandages were taken off of him and a lot of the bruises had started to fade away.

"You look better today, you're healing up." I whispered into the atmosphere.

"I feel better." He hummed as he brought his face into the crook of my neck and kissed the soft skin there. An excited shiver went up my spine as he moved closer, wrapping me into a warm embrace. His arms wound tight around my torso and his head rested on my shoulder facing into my neck. I leaned my head on his and put my arms around his back, hugging him gently.

"I love you." I whispered to him.

"I love you too Rain." Gus whispered into my neck causing goosebumps to form where his breath brushed my soft skin. "Can we do this more often?"

"Do what?" I asked.

"Hug. I decided I like hugs." I smiled at his cute, childish tone of voice.

"You just decided that?" I said chuckling at him.

"Yeah, I was never really sure if I really liked them or not, but I really do like them. Especially from you." He said into my neck.

"Okay. I can definitely live with more hugs." I said still laughing at him.

When I first met him he was a mystery, a closed book, a gruff, cigarette smoking, poetic artist with a bad boy edge to him, but now he was the shy, nervous, yet fun-loving, energetic, creative and quirky boy with a brutal past and a bright future. I loved how I knew him now and how he seemed to love the fact that I knew him too. I smiled and we laid down on the bed, holding each other and talking.

"So what did Amber say earlier?" I asked Gus.

"Oh!" He said excitedly, "I almost forgot, you distracted me you butt." He said with a smile. "Amber said that the foster family is really nice. They have three kids there, I think one was adopted and they are trying to adopt the other two... something like that. And that they are totally cool with you coming over and me hanging at your place. They know all about everything, so they know about us and they are even willing to drive me to see you and everything."

"Wait... where do they live?" I asked, from what he'd been saying it sounded further than I thought.

"Like twenty minutes away driving." Gus said in a sad tone, "But they sound really nice and I think I want to give it a try there." He gave me a small smile as I looked at his beautiful hazel eyes.

"Gus, as long as you are safe and happy I will be happy for you and support you no matter what." I said with a small smile.

"I know, It's just going to be further than before." He said.

"That's going to be alright. We have school and they said they'd drive, my Mum will too, we can even bus if we have too."

"And it's only for a few weeks. Then I age out."

"Then you age out and you get to live with me!" I said with a happy smile and nudged him in his side playfully. Gus laughed and nuzzled into me more, snuggling up closer to my warm body.

"When are you going?" I asked him.

"To live with them?" He asked in his husky voice.

"Yeah."

"Two days. As soon as I get out of here." Gus grabbed the blanket that was around our hips and pulled it up to our chins, snuggling into me more.

"You leave in two days?" I said, I hadn't been told.

"Yep, I was told this morning, apparently I'm doing pretty well, so I won't need to be here any longer." He smiled.

"Awe, there goes our daily snuggles and flirtatious hospital make-out sessions." I said sarcastically giving out a small chuckle as well.

"Oh darn." Gus said snapping his fingers in mock disappointment, "I guess we will just have to figure something else out then." He said with a wink.