Cutie

Gus went home after dinner. My mother drove him back to his house alone to make sure he would be okay. When she came back she said she talked to Frank at the front door and explained that there was an accident at school, Gus broke up a fight and that he stayed the night to make sure his friend was alright. She also noted that Gus was very honorable and a really god friend. My mum said that Frank didn't seem upset after she told him the story and that he actually thanked her for driving Gus home. She felt a bit better about leaving him there this time; he might actually be okay tonight for a change. It gave me some hope that he wouldn't have to face another round of violence so soon.

Later that night I got a text. I leaned over my bed to pick up my phone, of course, it was from Gus.

Hey cutie...

Hey Gus, What's up?

Not much, Just thinking about you...

Oh?

What are you doing right now?

Just reading and looking at your beautiful artwork on my wall :)

Hummm, I miss you Rain.

You saw me like 4 hours ago! ...I miss you too.

I know... you know what would make us both feel better right now?

Coffee? The next season of Sherlock? Ice cream cake?

Not exactly what I was thinking... but those wouldn't be bad choices :)

What were you thinking Gus?

Well, what If I told you I was standing outside your window??? ;)

What!? Gus, what about Frank!? Won't he notice?!

It's fine, look out your window. ;)

I got up off of my bed and walked to the other side of my room where my window was. I pulled the curtain aside and looked out into the dark. Illuminated underneath a street lamp was a tall, lean figure with long, wavy hair. I started at him in disbelief, how did he get here? Did he walk? I cracked open my window and poked my head outside.

"Gus!" I hissed into the darkness. I saw him look up towards me and wave, coaxing me to come down. I let out a sigh and rolled my dark eyes. I really needed to rest up, my concussion was only a little bit better since I had gone to the doctors earlier today and got medicine to help it heal. But that didn't mean I should be going out, this boy was going to kill me, honestly! I got out of my bed and for the second night in a row, I tip toed down the hallway to the front door, making sure to be as silent as I could, not wanting my mother to wake up. The door creaked open and I paused listening, making sure I didn't wake her, then when I was sure she was still asleep I slipped outside the apartment and walked down to the first floor. My head was pounding in my scull, a throbbing headache still making it hard to think. As I reached the front doors I saw Gus standing outside, arms crossed on his chest and leaning against the wall of the building. I opened the door and stepped out into the night, closing the heavy doors behind me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him awestruck.

"I just needed to say goodnight. I missed you." He said sheepishly with a loud chuckle, a small smirk was growing on his face.

"You could have called me, you know?" I said rolling my eyes at him. He let out a loud laugh and I was sure he was going to wake someone up. "Gus! Shush!" I hissed at him as I quickly pressed my palms onto his mouth to quiet him. "What has gotten into you?" I asked him confused. He wasn't acting himself, something was off. He seemed too giggly and reckless...