Chapter Four

"I'm sorry, I was worried about you, I needed to talk to you, I still haven't slept" He climbed over the bed and took me in his arms, even though it was night, the moonlight was seeping in through the blinds so I could made out his features clearly. I buried my head into his chest and felt his heart rate pick up. Mine followed. I felt so safe now and I wanted nothing more than to stay where I was, until he moved back but still holding my hand in his. 

"What did you need to talk to me about?" My voice was husky from the tears.

He sighed and leaned back against my wall, looking upwards and squeezing my hand.

"For a while now, when I've been with you, I've felt good."

He paused and looked over to me, once he knew he had my full attention he continued.

"At times, I have felt a little more than friendly"

I sat there, my mouth slightly apart. My heart was going to beat out of my chest.

"I can hear you heart from here" Aiden looked over to me and smirked shyly. My cheeks flushed with so much embarrassment, I had to cover them to make sure he couldn't feel the heat radiating from them, it was dark so he wouldn't see their bright fuchsia colour.

"I know what you mean" I finally said and this time Aiden looked at me with his mouth slightly open, that was not the answer he was expecting.

"You do know what I mean, right?" Aiden looked straight into my eyes, confirming to me that he meant what he said. I still couldn't believe Aiden was here in the middle of the night. It was so cute. This is was contributed to my next actions. Before I knew what I was doing a wave of confidence flooded over me and I was leaning into him rapidly, and before I could even think our lips were combined.

His lips were soft and placed perfectly into mine like a perfect jigsaw piece as cliché as that sounds it was true. His hands left mine and found their way around my waist while I placed mine on his chest, gripping his t-shirt. The kiss was long and lingering and well worth the wait. It felt like fireworks were going off in my mind that this was the moment I have been waiting my whole life for.

One of his hands left my waist and worked its way into my hair, our lips separated occasionally just to rejoin and his warm sweet breath sent pulses down my spine. After a few minutes we parted and we rested our foreheads together. He grinned and I grinned back still looking at the ground.

"You're not a bad kisser" Aiden still had hold of my waist.

"Way to kill the mood!" Aiden always knew how to ruin the atmosphere.

"I know how to get it back" With that he turned my head and placed his lips on my neck, everywhere he kissed was tingling. I moaned softly but couldn't resist tugging at his shirt, he noticed and pulled it off revealing his sleek abs that smoothed into his pecks, I ran my hand down them and he smiled. We kissed again and he slipped my top off too leaving me in my underwear. We were now both in our underwear.

He grinned checking me out and I did the same, he pressed his finger against my stomach.

"Someone has a six-pack going on"

"Your telling me" I claimed, prodding his abs i return. I blushed as I looked down at his impressive artwork of a figure.

"Your more than enough" He said before slipping into the covers and pulling me towards him, we were snuggled and I fell soundly asleep.

I groaned as the sound of my alarm blared in my ears. I reached to shut it off but was restricted by an unusual source. I looked and it was an arm, I followed the arm and saw Aiden lying peacefully sleeping by my side. I quickly moved his arm, shut off the alarm and ran to the bathroom. I closed the door and sat on the inside. I froze, what the hell was Aiden doing in my bed, half naked? Then I remembered the night before. His sweet scent, his passionate kisses and his seductive pleasure. I remembered every detail, even him pulling me into his chest was pleasuring. I smiled and opened the door, Aiden had begun to stir and had his hand on his face.

I crept towards my bed then pounced, I jumped straight onto Aiden and he laughed, he flipped the covers onto me and we rolled so he was on top of me. He began to tickle me.

"I...I give up!" I squealed between laughter.

"Really?" He raised his eyebrows laughing. He planted a kiss on my lips and I kissed him back. When he released me I stood and watched him admire his view, he whistled and I blushed as I strode to the bathroom again.

As I was changing, so many thoughts were crossing my mind, we've been best friends for so long, could this work? Could this ruin our friendship? Would it last? All I knew is that everyone at school would love this. After 10 minutes I could hear Aiden climbing out of bed and groan. I opened the door.

"You alright?"

"I just forgot to bring any clothes and I can't find my t-shirt as 'someone' took it off me last night! I didn't gather I would be staying the night" He chuckled as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Do you want me to go get you some?"

"From where?"

"My brothers, they're at college so they'll be fine with it" I know we could of walked to Aidens but we might have trouble explaining to his Mum why he was in his boxers and no top on.

"Sure" I walked into my brothers room and walked to Daniel's side of the room, he had similar style to Aiden and he was athletic, whereas Charlie was too skinny and had lazy fashion sense. I found a black t-shirt and black joggers.

When Aiden changed, the clothes fit perfect, the joggers were sitting on his hips revealing a chiselled 'V' shape and the t-shirt just made me want to take it off his again. He smirked as he ruffled my hair, grabbed my waist and walked us to the mirror me squirming all the way. He rested his chin on my shoulder as we looked at ourselves.

"You do know how beautiful you are, right?"

"Oh god" I said as I started to walk away but he pulled me back, he knew I hated compliments.

"Seriously, your figure is fit, your hair, your skin, your smile." He spun me and kissed me, I smiled against his lips.

"No more compliments" I said as I picked up my school bag and we began to walk back to Aiden's to pick up his things. We walked hand in hand.

"I'll change when I get home, but thanks for letting me use these to walk home in"

"They look good on you and keep them, my brothers never worn them so he won't notice."

When we reached his house we automatically went back to 'best-friend' mode. Aiden didn't end up getting changed, just grabbed his things and his keys as we began to drive to school.

"So where do we go from here?" Aiden glanced at me, curious-eyed.

"Left" I said, smirking. I knew the question was coming about our relationship but I thought I would try and avoid it.

"I know how to get to school Peyton" He said laughing "I meant 'us'"

"Well," I said looking down and twiddling my thumbs. "I just don't want to ruin our friendship and I'm not sure if I'm ready for everyone to get what they want."

"What does everyone want?" He knew the answer but wanted me to say it.

"Everyone says were meant to be together" I laughed as he took my hand.

"I'll tell you what we can do, we'll act normal in school but when were alone we can be whoever we want to be, sound good?"

"So , basically friends with benefits?" I looked at him kind of surprised that he would suggest this, but It did make sense, easy life in and out of school, everyone wins.

"No, best friends with benefits"