Chapter Seventeen

We were driving for roughly 20 minutes until Aiden called the taxi to stop as we reached a long strip of hotels and guest houses, they were all different colours and were lit up by the amazing lights outside. We pulled our cases inside one of the houses where a man and lady were vigorously making out in the corner. Nice. The woman's skirt was almost revealing herself and her top more than screamed 'look at my enormous chesticles'. We paused for a moment until the woman, who was groaning softly stopped and paused the man.

"Mum!" She yelled before dragging the man into the other room to the left. There was a staircase dead in front where an elder woman came trotting down and greeted us with tired eyes and a withered smile.

"Hello there, booking?" She opened her guest book and examined the pages appearing confused.

"Oh we don't have a booking, it's a short stay, have you got a room?" Aiden smiled as he squeezed my bum making me laugh and fidget. The woman stared at me before returning her smile.

"Of course, follow me" She began to walk up the staircase not offering help with the cases. She stopped halfway down the corridor at a door, opening it revealing the wondrous room inside. The room was pale green with blue accents, it had a large window looking over some of the city streets and had a large canopy bed, it was nothing compared the luxury rooms in Florida but it was more than perfect for a short stay. We set down our bags and decided to enjoy some of the city of LA as in the next couple of days we would be sure to return our flights home. 

We exited the house and headed to the shops down the street where we came across a fair that was buzzing with teenagers and couples and elders and children. Even though it was midnight, it was as alive as ever. There were pop-up rides everywhere, fun houses and mini rollercoaster's but for some reason we were less then interested. I was mainly focusing on Aiden's grip on my hand as he played with my fingers. We walked through for a while stopping for popcorn but mainly spent the whole time buzzing with conversation. It strangely reminded me of the days when we were just friends, before best friends and getting to know each other again.

When the time reached the early morning, we decided to call it a night, leaving the overcrowded fair behind us and headed back. Reaching our room, Aiden playfully pushed me onto the bed and climbed on top of me. We began kissing and snuggled into bed, Aiden laid there, staring into my eyes.

"You haven't said much all day" I wondered as I stared back at him.

"I've been thinking" He crawled closer to me and wrapped a protective arm around my waist. It was warm whereas I was cold as the air-con was on super extreme ice age mode. I snuggled into him and smelt his scent, it was comforting. The next hour or so we spent talking about different things, Aiden admitted he had been remembering the past few months, from where we first met when we were young, to when we first got together to now. He took my hand and fiddled with the promise ring which was fitted perfectly onto my finger, slightly tighter which caused me to never take it off.

We began kissing again, the way he explained our relationship caused me to become extremely and intensely attracted to him and I leaped onto him, kissing him passionately, I opened my mouth waiting for his answer of acceptance. There it was. He opened his mouth also and that was the signal. We undressed each other slower than usual, touching each other's skin caused shivers for us both. We shared constant glances until we were naked. Flipping me over, Aiden took control as he did, to say the sex was amazing would be an understatement. It was phenomenal, especially as neither of us were particularly experienced, we were amazing together. When we were done I had gone from cold to roasting and covered in sweat.

We panted and laughed as we cuddled and talked. Finally just drifting off to sleep we were woken by screaming outside our bedroom door.

In pure adrenaline, I immediately reacted to the scream. I leaped off of Aiden, running for the door, ripping a t-shirt that was sprawled onto the dresser, slipping it on and grabbed the door handle, yanking it open, Aiden right behind me. I stepped outside and saw below me, by the front door there was the girl from before, the one that had looked at me as if I was dirt for interrupting her making out session. This time she was less then dominant though as the man she was kissing I had barely seen before but now I could clearly see that he was a man in his forties with brown ruffled hair and a clear four inch scar on his neck. He had strong arms but he was shaking slightly.

The man stood with his back towards me, allowing the girl to see me above. He had her against the front door with his strong grip around her neck. I stood in shock for a moment while Aiden caught up with me. In an instant, without thinking I had grabbed the vase that was perched on the small table outside of our suite door and I had thrown it at the man. It struck him on the back of the head and he immediately released his grip and took several steps back looking as if he was about to fall. The girl fell to her knees grabbing her neck, crying. I ran down the stairs careful to avoid the broken vase on my bare feet, I reached the girl and helped her up, away from the man who was beginning to regain his balance.

He touched the back of his head and pulling his hand away there was blood. Not a lot but enough to shock him. This time, his adrenaline reacted and with Aiden helping me with the girl, the man had grabbed several shards of the broken vase and thrown them at us. One of the pieces struck the girl in the leg and she screamed, the piece fell to the floor but cut her, Aiden immediately let the girl go, causing me to catch her and he ran towards the man. Aiden wrestled him to the ground until he was on top of him and he was sitting upon his chest. The man winced but he was too weak. Aiden's eyes were full of anger and frustration.

I helped the girl into the room that she had disappeared into earlier when we arrived, it was a high-ceiling dining room that had a chandelier hanging delicately over a 10 seated dining table. It would have been stunning in different circumstances but now it seemed daunting and lonely. I sat her on one of the chairs, her leg was really bleeding now and she was crying. I ripped her tights apart so that I could access the cut and grabbing a napkin from the table I pressed it against her wound. I had only occurred to me then that I hadn't spoken throughout this whole saga.

"Are you okay?" I asked as I saw her flinch at my touch.

"Yeah, thanks" She took the napkin from me and nursed herself.

"I won't be a minute, don't leave" I said as I heard thumping coming from outside the room as I just turned the corner I heard a heart-wrenching yell from Aiden.

I snapped my head around and saw that the man from beneath him had got up and Aiden was clutching his back as best as he could. For the second time that night, my adrenaline took over and I was sprinting for the man who was standing over Aiden and in one second I had reached him, with his back turned he never saw it coming. He never saw me coming. A second was all I needed as I had leant my body over and in rugby style I had caught his legs square with my shoulders causing his weight to crash over my back and onto the ground behind me. The man screamed and hit his head to the ground again. That was enough, he retreated a few steps back then curled into a ball and was shaking.

"Call 911!" I yelled to the girl who remained in the dining room as I fell down to Aiden who's pain was killing me. I turned him and like I had with the girl, ripped his shirt open and it revealed a shard embedded into his flesh, blood was slowly seeping out and I dare not take the ceramic piece out as it would open the wound completely. Confident Aiden could hold on for a few more seconds alone, I ran to see if the girl had the phone, when I got there she was on the floor, running to her side I found that she was unconscious. She had fainted. I had three people on the floor and it looked like a massacre had occurred. I grabbed her mobile that lay next to her and dialled 911, the wait for the call to be answered was nauseating, I put the girl into the recovery position, positive she was fine, I returned to Aiden when I requested an ambulance. Only one problem, I didn't know the address.

Not stopping for breath I ran out of the door and looked for a door number 'Brimsley House' was the only name I could see, I repeated this and the services were already dispatched. I left the door open and dropped the phone and ran back to Aiden's side, I fell down and took his hand.

"Baby, everything's fine" I whispered, tears running down my cheeks.

"I love you Peyton" Aiden chuckled as the sound or sirens grew nearer.