Chapter Thirty Seven

I didn't realise my eyes were closed until I heard a thump and couldn't see, I snapped them open and saw Gale on top of Aiden wrestling him, Aiden had his wrists trapped under Gale's weight. Gale threw a punch landing on Aiden's already injured jaw causing Aiden to whimper in pain, the same noise I heard when a shard of vase penetrated his back in LA but this time I wasn't rushing to his rescue but letting him suffer. I didn't realise I had tears down my cheeks but I felt one drip onto my leg. I stepped back and felt a warm breeze, the front door was open. It hadn't fully sunk in what had happened but when it did and when my bruises set, I would not be forgiving. Gale punched Aiden in the stomach and Aiden clutched his belly, when Gale was satisfied he had caused enough damage, I finally saw his face. It was covered in anger and frustration and he almost ran over to me, nearly knocking me over when he lifted me up into the air. I wrapped my legs around his waist and he held me in his arms snuggling his face into my shoulder and mine into his. I felt safe and protected not wanting to be placed back down.

"Are you okay?" Gale whispered in my ear sending a shiver down my spine and I tightened my grip on him.

"Yeah" I whispered back but my voice was hoarse from screaming. Gale slowly placed me down and turned to see Aiden finally getting to his feet, he looked at me but then stumbled towards the door. Gale didn't provoke him, he just let him leave and I respected him for that. When the door was closed, I cried and Gale swept me off my feet and into his arms again. He walked me up the stairs and laid me down onto my bed where he laid next to me gently wiping my tears away with his fingertips.

"What the hell happened?" There was still anger inside of him but he was covering it to comfort me.

"I confronted him about seeing someone else which appears to be true, then he left and then came back and tried to get me to kiss him and attacked me" I croaked snuggling Gale's hand which was soft and calming. At the word 'kiss' Gale stiffened and looked away for a moment to compose himself, when he looked back he saw me smiling at him.

"What?" He smiled back and rested a hand onto my waist.

"Thank-you" Gale's smile grew.

"For what?" He laughed and caressed my back soothingly.

"Being my hero" As cheesy as it was, it was true, he saved me, not only physically but mentally and emotionally and I would never be able to thank him enough. Gale sat up slightly so that he was raised above me and leant down planting a soft kiss onto my lips, when he went to leave I denied it and grabbed his face in my hands, pulling his lips closer to mine. When I allowed the release Gale leant back to look me up and down.

"He didn't hurt you did he?" Gale continued to rest his hand on my waist and I placed my hand on top of his, lacing our fingers.

"No" I confirmed and Gale flopped down beside me clearly worn out by the fight. I snuggled into his side and his body protected mine like a shell and the warmth was soothing, before I knew it I had drifted off to sleep.

I woke in the morning to something large trapping me in itself. In a jolt of panic I flinched and then relaxed as I recognised Gale beside me, soundly sleeping. I kissed his cheek and then his neck and worked my way to underneath his jaw and he moaned awake.

"Good morning to you too" He laughed as he rolled me over so that I was now lying on top of him. I was silently thanking the Lord that it was Saturday meaning I would not be seeing Aiden at school for a couple more days. I straddled his waist and admired Gale's features that I had never paid so much attention too, such as the precise jaw line and button nose, I never realised how perfectly shaped his eyebrows naturally were until that moment.

"Do you get you eyebrows waxed?" I stated, probably killing off the sexual mood between us, Gale smiled as stared at me thinking about the question.

"No, that's too painful for me" He lifted a hand and snaked my hair between his fingertips next to my ear.

"It's not that painful" I teased.

"Oh yeah, why, have you had your eyebrows waxed?" Gale raised an eyebrow seductively and it may have been the most sexiest expression I had ever seen on anyone. I froze for a moment just soaking up the testosterone being released from that gorgeous face of his and he touched me face to wake me out of my daydream.

"No, but I  get 'Brazilian's done a lot" The words had leaked out of my mouth before I had processed them and even I recoiled at what I said, I cautiously looked down at Gale who instead of showing a look of disgust was looking back at my with both eyebrows raised and a smirk on his lips. I was glad I hadn't scared him off.

I flopped off of Gale and this time he rolled onto me, straddling his legs around my waist, he leant down slowly and I watched him not making a single move and he delicately implanted a kiss onto my neck, immediately my sensation were flowing through my blood and I had to use all of my power to stop my hands from pulling at his t-shirt. I wanted to rip it off but I didn't know if it was what he wanted. He hovered over my neck for a moment, I could feel the steady rhythm of his breath and his intoxicating smell was hooking me in further. Still I didn't move, I just lay beneath him, watching his head from the corner of my eye as he carefully moved to my collar bone, a breath escaped my lips and I wonder if he heard because now he fixed his hands onto my hips. I had to admit I liked where this was going.

His fingers gently pressed into my skin and when his lips left contact with my collar bone for a second time, instead of continuing south he raised his head back up to my lips and requested permission through a kiss. He levitated, millimetres above of my lips but he was waiting for my lead. Without another second to lose I pounced, entwining our lips together, he used a hand to hold me up, his huge, muscular arm was too much for me to handle and caused me to slip into his intimate grasp.

Gale did that thing that I didn't know I loved until now, he took his t-shirt off from the back, over his head. The way he did it caused all the muscles in his abs and shoulders to flex leaving me breathless and watching. He leant back down and kissed his soft lips. He shuffled for the edge of my t-shirt and I helped him as he pulled it over my head for me, this would be an incredibly sexual-intense moment if I hadn't got stuck. It was my hair tie, the small simple band that held my hair in place was enough to cause my t-shirt to become embarrassingly fixed over my face and arms leaving, no doubt, my breasts in Gale's face. I was so glad my face was hidden because it was red hot in embarrassment.

I laughed to cover the emotion of 'kill me now' and Gale did too and with a few adjustments I was free and Gale's smile was bigger than I had ever seen it. When I flashed him a puzzled look he answered with once motion, continuing his trail of kisses onto my chest and onto my stomach. I wriggled my fingers into his hair and he groaned softly against my skin. Let me just say, the rest of that morning went exceptionally well, and by exceptionally, I mean I wouldn't be forgetting the experience any time soon.

When we were out of breath and tired, we laid back next to each other and I rested my head onto Gale's chest. I would probably be contradicting myself if I said that Gale and I were taking things slow, but we were, because we hadn't gone the 'whole way' but just far enough to keep that interest buzzing. When Gale sauntered to the bathroom looking proud of himself I couldn't help but admire his more-than-fine physique. He had abs and shoulders to pull a house apart and not to mention a waist slim and slender with powerful legs to end. Head to toe he outdid Aiden, that was now a fact. Not only physically but let me just say that he could satisfy my needs much more.

Slipping out of the covers I wandered towards the wardrobe where I flicked through my clothes like pages in a magazine. I eventually settled on a black dress with a cut-out back, just as I slipped  into the material a warm hand touched my back. I spun around and Gale leant down to kissed my lips, he looked me up and down and kissed me again.

"Let's do something today" He suggested as he plopped himself back onto my bed, I was thankful that he didn't cover himself up, I'm sure he didn't since he knew I was enjoying my view.

"Sure" I agreed and headed over to my mirror to make my hair acceptable and my face approachable. Gale wandered over and fiddled with the small pieces of jewellery that were situated on the  side. He picked up a certain piece and looked at it with curiosity, I hadn't seen the piece but he held it up in front of me.

"What is this?" He enquired. In his hand was Aiden's promise ring.