Chapter Ten

As we pulled up to the beach house, sure enough Casey was waiting for us. Her hair was in a wrecked bun and she hopped in the back in silence, when she closed the door behind her, Aiden broke the silence.

"You're welcome" 

I couldn't help but chuckle at his bluntness. I turned to Casey in the back seat.

"Are you alright?" As soon as she nodded I dismissed the subject. I couldn't tell if she wanted sympathy or to be left alone. "Where shall we take you?" Her silence was bugging me now, she could've at least said 'thank-you' as Aiden had bluntly hinted but she just answered my question. 

"To Riden Street Shopping District" She was staring out the window, something had obviously happened, but I didn't care, I was still dealing with how crazy the situation was, Casey, the girl who was always brutal to me and had a huge crush on Aiden, was in the back of the car. Damn my nice side. Aiden hadn't really said a word the whole ride. I got it, he was disappointed, he wanted to have a quiet evening before we flew to Florida tomorrow, at least he still helped me deal with the family and random bitch crisis. 

After 10 minutes of driving with cheesy summer songs playing softly on the radio, no-one had said anything. The air was thick with awkwardness, i occasionally caught out of the corner of my eye, Casey looking forwards at Aiden but ignored it. We finally reached my brothers who were grinning as we pulled into the car lot. 

"Get in" I yelled to them as they paused to look at a woman walking past, way too old for them. They clearly haven't changed. As Charlie opened the door, he saw Casey first leaving Daniel to haul all the cases into the trunk.

"Oh hi" Casey smiled, the first time she had the whole time, she slid along to the window seat and the boys slipped in. "Hi, I'm Casey" She introduced herself as Daniel slammed the door shut with all their bags drowning them.

"Sorry for the stuff, I didn't know we were carrying guests" Daniel winced. It was as if Aiden and I weren't there, but it didn't matter, if my brothers spoke to Casey, it meant I didn't have to. Aiden rested his hand on my knee and we drove to the shopping centre. There was a constant flow of conversation in the back and I wasn't really paying attention until Aiden squeezed my leg and nodded towards the rear-view mirror. I turned to Casey and i saw it. The unmistakable look she always gave Aiden, the 'I want to get into your pants' look also known as her technique in flirting. Worst of all was it was to my brother, I looked at Charlie who was oblivious to it as they laughed and joked. I turned back to Aiden and motioned a vomiting signal. I felt sick.

Finally we reached the Shopping District and Casey eventually thanked us and hopped out, waving to the boys. Ew. As we drove away the million questions began from Charlie.

"Who was that!" "She was so hot!" "Is she single?" 

"Woah Charlie, you liked her?" I glared at him in shock, were we talking about the same girl. She was likeable? 

"I gave her my number" 

"You, what! She's a mean, cheerleader bitch" I didn't realise how much I disliked her, neither did Aiden as he leaned back into his chair flashing me amazed expressions. 

"She's a cheerleader?!" Charlie was totally focusing on the wrong part of what I had just said. I ignored the buzzing chat between Daniel and him as I was happy when we finally pulled up to the house. I jumped out and as soon as we entered, as expected, after throwing their stuff on the ground they ran to the Xbox. I took Aiden's hand and pulled him upstairs. Packing would wait till later.

I woke up to the smell of coffee, realising how eventful the night before was. I yawned and noticed the source, a freshly brewed cup of coffee awaited me on my bed-side table with a note underneath. It read;

'Peyton Baby, morning!

Guess what day it is! Florida-day! I have just popped home to grab my suitcase, by the time I get back I hope you have finished packing!

P.S. Enjoy the coffee

Love A.'

I smiled and climbed out of bed, it was messy and still smelt of Aiden's alluring scent so it was difficult to break myself away. When I did I had a super fast shower and got dressed into some yoga shorts and a tube top. I finished packing all my things when Aiden walked in holding a note.

"Seems like notes are the new craze" He smiled kissing me on the forehead as I read the note, it was from my brothers, I had forgotten they were here.

'Pey, we know you leave today so might not catch you so have fun in the sunshine state! See you soon, we went to the pool to get hot dates so don't come looking for us because you might ruin our chances!"

Love from your favourite people.'

Classic brothers, I wasn't bothered though, I dropped the note and flung myself into Aiden's arms he held me so tight I could feel his heartbeat. The hug almost meant something, I felt like it was a mark of the occasion. I couldn't wait until Florida, this would take our relationship just that bit further and I was as ready as I would ever be. As we released I went to turn away but Aiden pulled me back in, holding my head in his hands and pulling me in for a kiss, it lingered and we began the all too familiar rhythm. My stomach had butterflies as his hand ran a hand down my back and I played with his hair. When we pulled away he laughed leaning our foreheads together.

-Several hours later-

We were halfway towards the airport, I had said goodbye to all my caring family members as Aiden did his. We sat in the back of the cab and my legs were flung over his lap as we snuggled, conversation buzzing all the way. I could barely contain my excitement even when Aiden simply said to the driver 'To the airport'. It was all so exciting, I was going to my dream place with my dream person, we reached the airport and as we had spare time we wandered through the shops, looking at mainly makeup stalls, I granted Aiden permission to go off and look in sport stores. 

Finally we boarded and took off. This was it, the time I had been waiting for. Frankly all I could think about is the amazing sex we would have that night. It was irresistible, even the thought. But then another thought occurred to me 'why wait?' after all I knew Aiden was desperate. Aiden who was dozing asleep on my shoulder breathed peacefully. I reached carefully for a pen from my handbag and the napkin from the sandwich previously eaten and wrote a note. Getting up from my seat I nudged Aiden. He awoke to my empty chair. I looked back over my shoulder and saw him read the note. It read:

'You're right, notes are the theme today'

P.S. Meet me in the toilet cubicle in 5 minutes for a surprise'

With that I entered the cubicle and waited.