Chapter Fifthteen

A few days had passed and we were now halfway through our dreamy vacation. We had spent the past few days relaxing in the pool and on the beach and surprisingly hadn't relied on sex to fill our time. We hadn't done it for a while simply because we'd been so engrossed in other activities or simply exhausted. Aiden had been a little off today, I asked him what was wrong occasionally but he would assure me he was fine. I was excited for later though as Aiden said he had planned something special for dinner. He told me to dress smart but casual so I slipped on a casual blue, plain backless maxi dress and some heels. Aiden put on his long denim shorts that were incredibly tight and a shirt.

"I'll be back in 20 minutes okay, stay here? I just need to go downstairs and make sure everything's reserved." I gave him a quick kiss and he was gone. Downstairs? That must of meant he had a table ready in the downstairs restaurant, it was lovely but I didn't think it was something Aiden would class as 'special'. On my own in the room, I decided to step onto the balcony and feel the warm evening breeze, the sun was just starting to set and the beach was empty. It was soothing and for once in a long time I felt butterflies in my stomach. I was nervous? I didn't understand why, Aiden and I had always been together, but we had never had a proper date. As he said, 20 minutes later Aiden walked through the door greeting me on the balcony with a large red rose.

Great, I was blushing already.

"Oh my god, this is gorgeous" I was stunned at Aiden's thought towards tonight, he took my hand and began to lead me out the door. As we reached the entrance of the restaurant, I was even more confused when Aiden started pulling me out of the hotel. 'Okay?' I thought, a smile appearing on my face. This really was a surprise evening.

He led me out of the hotel and we began to walk along the promenade along the beach.

"Where are we going?" I asked nudging Aiden's side.

"Somewhere" He grinned, proud of himself but he seemed nervous too.

"Stop, I'm getting really nervous" I giggled. I was trying to act playful but inside I was crapping myself. We walked for another 10 minutes, until we reached a pier. I stood frozen in amazement as before me was the most romantic scene I could ever imagine. The pier was only half a mile long and right at the end I could see a flickering scene.

"Come on" Aiden whispered in my ear as he lead me up the pier, it was incredibly stable as it looked so old, beneath us I could see school's of fish swimming around, it was stunning. When we finally reached the end there was about 50 candles lit around the edge of the pier and in the centre was a large blanket with a picnic basket placed there. Aiden sat me down then sat down himself and for a moment he was gazing out behind me. With the touch of his hand he brushed my chin, turning my head. I had been so amazed and preoccupied with the amazing picnic that I hadn't noticed that we were on a pier, half a mile out to sea and behind me was the most amazing, the largest sunset I had ever seen. The sun shot red, pink and yellow rays through the sky that surrounded us and the rest of Florida. We watched for a few moments in silence until Aiden leaned over and kissed my bare back shocking me, I turned round and in his hand was a ring.

"What's this?" I asked, I was shaking now, so many thoughts were going through my mind. Was he asking me to marry him?

"A promise ring." Aiden looked lovingly at me as I gave him my hand and he slipped it on my wedding finger.

"A what?" I asked, I was confused but relieved he wasn't asking for my early hand in marriage.

"It's like a pre-engagement ring, it's a promise that I make to you that I will always be with you and that someday I hope I will marry you" Aiden looked to the ground clearly embarrassed when expressing his feelings. He had never said something so deep.