Chapter Eight

"Urgh, I can explain" I stuttered as Alex's eyes wandered back to mine, her mouth gaping. Aiden was now frozen at the sink, silent with me, who on the other hand was desperately looking around for someone to move. After a few minutes she moved her eyes back to Aiden's half naked body, eyeing him up and down admiring his godly muscles as I was earlier.

"Urm, I'm not interrupting anything am I?" She turned to me and grinned, her smile too large for her face. I was part relieved that she wasn't angry.

"Not at all" I winced under her wide eyes.

"I'll make you girls some coffee, you could be here a while" Aiden smiled at me and nodded, obviously knowing that I wanted to explain everything to Alex. Sighing with relief I headed upstairs with Alex where I began to tell her everything.

I got to the part telling her about when my mum almost caught us in action the other night, when Aiden walked in with two mugs of coffee with whipped cream on top. I could get used to this. He sat next to me wrapping his arm around my waist as I continued. The whole time Alex stared at us sipping her coffee, often flashing her eyes over Aiden's body. 

"So what was this huge, amazing present everyone kept talking about?" She had large hopeful eyes and I looked at Aiden who answered the question proudly.

"Two tickets to Florida" I squeezed his hand with excitement when he said it and Alex and I squealed at the same time.

"Oh my god! No way!" She wailed. She spent the rest of the afternoon going on about how amazing it was until she finally had to leave. I closed the door behind her and leaned against it sighing, exhausted from all the talking. Aiden placed his hands either side of the door and leaned into me, kissing me. He stopped when he realised my worried expression.

"What's wrong?" He whispered.

"You don't reckon Alex will tell anyone do you?" I stared into his eyes. Now I was the one killing the mood, he leant off the door and took my hands.

"If everyone finds out, they find out" Aiden seemed to process the thought and for a moment I could have sworn I had seen his eyes scowl but I soon kissed him, passionately and smiled against his lips as his hands slipped south.

"What do you want to do for the rest of the day then?" Aiden smirked seductively. I knew what he meant but decided he wasn't going to get me that easy, I was hard to get.

"Well I don't know what you're doing but I'm going for a run" I smiled as I jogged up the stairs to get changed. My thoughts immediately forgetting about Alex.

"I'll come with you" I turned, surprised.

"Are you sure?" I asked pulling off my top and changing into my sports bra, Aiden lying on the bed taking me in. When I was about to put on my shorts I felt a tingling on my shoulder, I looked, Aiden was there planting kisses. I knew if he went any further I wouldn't be able to resist him and it didn't help we were standing right next to a bed.

I was going to give him what he wanted in Florida.

 I took Aiden on my usual route and he followed, we stopped to walk a few times to talk and take in the lake but secretly I was sure that Aiden was glad to take breaks as he was struggling to keep up to my consistent pace although he would never admit it. I found him panting a huge turn on and occassionally he would playfully attempt to trip me or squeeze my bum as a distraction. We made it back to my house where we showered, seperately, it was safer that way and cuddled in front of the TV forgetting about Alex.

A week had passed and the same routines took place. Aiden and I saw each other after school every minute of every day, it was wonderful. Alex hadn't said anything to anyone but always gave me cheeky glances and winked. It would pass I guess, anyway I was getting more excited as I was counting down the days until the trip to Florida!

Tomorrow.

I was in my room after school, Aiden was at his last football practice. I took out my suitcase and thought I better begin on packing. The weather was going to be about the same as here in California. My mum had come home for a couple of days earlier in the week to say goodbye, then left yesterday. I didn't mind, I was going to have a full week in Florida. 

After an hour I gave up packing and got distracted by my laptop. So far I had packed enough shorts and t-shirts to last longer than a week, but come on, a girl needed selections! I must have been on Youtube for another hour as there was a knock on the door that brought me back to the real world, I glanced at the clock and realised it was Aiden back from practice.  I jumped up and ran down the stairs not realising that a leaf from the plant pot  had drifted down onto a step, I stepped onto it and it slid causing me to slide onto my bum and whack my body to the ground. I squealed and landed in a heap by the front door.

"Peyton!" I heard from the other side of the door. "Are you alright?" It was Aiden. I was too lazy and in pain to move. "Peyton, open the door" I could hear he was laughing.

"I can't, I'm dying" I whined, I reached up and clicked the door handle open before returning to my place in a lump, Aiden weaved in and after placing his bags down, he picked me up with ease, holding me like a baby. For once I didn't mind being held. He kissed my forehead. "What are we going to do with you, baby?" He whispered. I buried my head in his chest as his arms embraced me.

"To my chamber" I requested as he headed upstairs, still holding me. When he put me on my bed I noticed the half empty suitcase and groaned.

"I'll help you" Aiden laughed before heading to my underwear draw. As he began to rummage through I realised where he was and jumped up ignoring the bruise that stabbed at me. I pulled at him but it was too late, he had already seen them. He turned around too me and grinned, his eyes glistening with excitement. He held them up to my face.

"Peyton, what are these?"