Chapter Twenty

Charlie looked apologetically at me as I took steps towards him.

"Who told you?" I started.

"No-one" He retreated into the kitchen and around the island, attempting to get as far away from me as possible because he knew I was about to hit  him.

"Tell me!" I screamed and he ran towards the stairs, I chased him but he was enough ahead of me to aim for the bathroom and lock the door. As the lock clicked my fists pounded on the door. Ever since we were young I would fight him and he had learned to use the bathroom as a safe house. I leaned against the door in defeat, why was I so annoyed? Aiden and I weren't officially together, we were best friends with benefits. We were in a relationship, but only in our world. I didn't realise why we hadn't told everyone yet but then I remembered Aiden's resistance to telling and I pushed it out of my mind.

Returning to my room I took a moment to compose myself before I heard the bathroom door open again.

"I'm not going to attack you" I called out and Charlie entered my room, standing awkwardly at the doorway.

"Do you really want to know who told me?"

I turned to face him to see his expression and he was serious. He was making me nervous now. There was a long moment of silence.

"Casey" He admitted.

"Casey?" I questioned. I was confused, how would Casey know about my relationship? also why would she tell my brother? "Elaborate" I motioned my hand for him to continue.

"I bumped into her because she was interested in me and I explained I was seeing someone..." He blushed. He knew he would have to explain his relationship between him and Alex.

"Which you also need to explain" I interrupted, thinking the same thing.

"She said she saw you two kissing in secret" Surprisingly I was not annoyed. Casey obviously hadn't told anyone, which was a first as the news hadn't got back to Aiden, who was a socialite and would know if she knew. What if he did? Was he not telling me? Why would he not tell me? I was even more muddled then before.  "That's not the worst part" Charlie broke my train of thought.

"What?"

"She said that if she couldn't have me, which she couldn't, then she wanted Aiden as he is just as good." Charlie looked at me for a reaction and I just stood frozen. Was Casey really trying to take Aiden from me. I thought we had this straight, she knows were best friends and that he will always pick me.

Charlie had left to meet 'mates' but I knew he was seeing Alex to tell her the events of the past couple of hours. I decided to settle down and watch a film and maybe call Aiden, I was nervous though, to tell him about Casey obsessing over him and craving his attention. I dialled my phone and hovered over the call button and finally pressed it, it rang twice until Aiden answered.

"Hey Pey" Aiden purred.

"Hey, do you want to come over?"