Chapter Five

We arrived at school just after we agreed we would try our secret relationship. By agreeing I mean I nodded, confused.

As usual , Aiden opened the passenger door for me and as we walked towards school he wrapped his arm around my waist, but this wasn't the usual friendly gesture, this was different. We were a secret couple now and his grip was slightly tighter. Halfway there, one of the other members of Aiden's football team jogged over, they fist pounded and began talking about that afternoon's game, ignoring my presence. I fake yawned and Aiden laughed. I slipped out of his grip and headed towards Alex who was in the schools entrance talking to Max, I turned, giving Aiden the classic 'hand-up' wave and he winked at me.

I reached Alex and Max, they were seriously meant to be together. They took a small step away from each other and smiled at me.

"Hey girlie!" Alex was a chirpy as ever.

"Sup" Max smiled too, he looked as guilty as ever, he was smirking at me and trying to avoid eye contact.

"What Max?" I shifted my weight onto one leg and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Get anything nice recently?" He let a small giggle slip then composed himself.

"Is this that present everyone keeps mentioning, I have no idea what you're talking about?" I sighed and looked at him pulling my face into a frown.

Max's smile disappeared and he stared at me surprised and awkwardly, luckily Alex broke the silence.

"You idiot" She whispered as she punched his arm "She obviously hasn't gotten it yet" We were now both frowning at Max who was cowering away from us.

"God you look like my mum when you do that, stop, I didn't know she hadn't gotten it yet... coming Ricky" With that he scampered off round the corner, pretending his friend Ricky called him. Typical boys. Alex wrapped her arm through mine and we entered school as the first bell rang. English and Social went by with a blur as usual and soon it was lunch.

Just like before, we all met in our spot, this time I was first, alone as I took out my pasta pot and nuts, I watched as the group of cheerleaders began to sit down nearby, each turning round one by one towards me then looking back to the group whispering. Subtle. I looked down at the ground for what seemed like a lifetime when someone's feet entered my view. Vans canvas shoes. It was Aiden. I shot my head up and as I thought a handsome, toned boy was peering down and me smiling. I smiled and he helped me up with no trouble pulling me into a tight hug. I wrapped my hands around his neck while his were pulling my back closer, I was on tip-toes and my head fitted nicely into his shoulder.

Over his shoulder I could see the cheerleader sending me death glares, I pulled away hiding my face from them in front of Aiden's chest.

"What's up?" He asked observing me carefully hiding in his body shape.

"Urgh, cheerleader girls killing my with their eyes. I'm cowering like a wimp." I admitted, I really didn't want to move and for them to see me, I could feel their laser stares burning through Aiden's back and reaching me.

He laughed and fixed me making me stand straight, he moved a piece of hair behind my ear and held my face.

"They are just jealous because your prettier then they'll ever be" He grinned and I blushed.

"No compliments, jeez" I said as I sat back down and continued on my pasta and nuts. Aiden joined me, eating his pasta, only then did Alex and Max appear, Max looking just as awkward as earlier and Alex looking serious. They had obviously been talking.

I needed to ask Aiden about this present.

School had just finished and I waited outside the boys changing rooms again so I could say good luck to Aiden for the big game. I wasn't going to watch as it was 4 hours long including practice beforehand. I wanted to head home and go for a run. The boys were shouting inside until Aiden emerged.

"Oh, hi" He was surprised and happy and a huge smile appeared on his face. He dropped his bags and picked me up spinning me round. When he let go I fixed my bag, laughing. "What you doing here?" He asked looking into my eyes.

"I wanted to say good luck" I blushed and looked to the ground, he lifted my chin with his finger.

"Thank-you" With that he leant in and kissed me, his lips were warm and his taste was delicious. I smiled against his lips as we slightly opened our mouths and closed them in a rhythm. When we parted was it only then that I noticed our chests were touching and we couldn't get any closer. Also then did I notice that there was no-one around, everyone was on the field. No-one had seen us.

"I'll come over and see you later, is that okay?" He asked. I nodded, quickly kissed him again then he was gone. It took me 30 minutes to walk home, it was a warm, sunny day so I didn't mind. When I got home to, yet again, an empty house I went into my room and face planted onto my bed. Why was school so depressing, boring, annoying, long and the rest?

I changed into my sports bra and shorts, grabbed a bottle of water and my iPod and I was soon out the door and running. I ran for an hour and ran 4 mile a day, the usual routine, same route, got home and showered, had a healthy snack, then opened my laptop to Facebook to see what the general drama of the day was and when I found nothing important I would lounge about thinking what to make for dinner. When I was just about to go to the grocery store my phone buzzed. Aiden. I quickly slide the unlock button and answered it.

"Hello"

"Hi, you alright?" Aiden's voice was smooth.

"Yeah, just bored, you finished practice?"

"Yeah the match starts in 30 minutes and you won't be bored when I get there" I could tell he was smirking.

"Really? Then hurry up before I die of being bored" I smiled with excitement at the thought of him coming to keep me company.

"Alright see you later"

"Bye" With that my smile was gone, I had to wait another 2 hours before I would see him. I couldn't be bothered to go out so thought I would waste some time roaming the cupboards for something edible. After 10 minutes there was a knock on the door. I paused. 'Please don't be a salesman, please don't be a salesman' I thought, when the knock persisted I thought I better shoo them away. I opened the door.

"Aiden!" I launched myself at him wrapping my legs around him waist and arms around his neck so he was lifting me. He stepped back with the impact but held me closer, laughing at my excitement.

"Hey baby" He said. The words sent fireworks in my brain and I wasn't going to let go. He couldn't of come at a better time. As I wouldn't get down, Aiden walked inside and closed the door. I finally let go.

"What are you doing here!" I kissed him quickly and it never felt so amazing.

"You were bored" He said flashing me a cute smile that I only saw when he said something he meant.

"I was just saying that, I didn't mean for you to come over"

"I'll just go then" He joked trying to turn towards the door, I pulled his shirt and kissed him again with all my force.

"Oh my god, the game, you need to get back!" I realised, shoving him towards the door. He stopped me easily and held me.

"I've got 5 minutes" He smiled before lifting my up and placing me on the kitchen worktop. I went to pull off his shirt but there was something in his shoulder pad. I looked at him and he nodded me to continue, I pulled at it from underneath and it released. It was a box. "I got you a present" He said smiling at me.