Chapter Forty

I felt like my body was frozen from then inside-out because my heart was hit first, the stabbing feeling soon subsided but the words bouncing in my skull didn't. Adopted, it was a powerful word and the tears on his face confirmed that.

"What?" Was it true that his parents, the people that I always considered as part of my family would not be bonded by blood. Not that it should matter, but the fact he never knew was a lot to be hit with 18 years later.

"I'm adopted" Aiden whispered the tears had stopped, he simply looked exhausted, but relieved to tell someone the truth.

"How do you know?" I whispered back, my own shock was clawing at my voice.

"They told me last week, they heard from my birth parents" Aiden was staring out of the window and his fist was shaking, I didn't know how to comfort him, could I comfort him? Was this something you could comfort or was this just a wound that would never heal?

"What did they say?" What possibly could his supposed birth parents say? That they are sorry they had missed the past 18 years of his life and now they wanted in? I approached Aiden slowly but he didn't turn to face me.

"They want to see me" He spat out the words like they were poison. They probably were to him, there was no way I could even imagine the emotions and pain he must be going through, it definitely explained him using the drugs as an escape from reality.

"Do you want to see them?" If I was in Aiden's position I would avoid them at all costs, I would ignore the truth and stick to the parents I knew and loved but I knew Aiden and I knew that a part of him would be fighting for some answers, what they looked like, sounded like, acted like.

"No" Aiden grabbed a mug from the sink and began aggressively scrubbing it even though it was clean. I walked behind him and placed my hands onto his back, he was burning hot and he shivered at my touch, I hugged him from behind as he continued to scrub, even though he didn't stop to hug me back I knew he appreciated the gesture.

Aiden and I spoke briefly for an hour, but I later decided that it was better for both of us to leave him with his thoughts, we avoided the 'adopted' topic even though it was at the top of our minds. I strolled home and lucky for me when I walked in, my brothers were there to greet me, joy.

"Peyton, what's up?" Well clearly trying to hide my emotions was a failure.

"Nothing" I was clearly avoiding the question and diverted straight to my room to call Gale. He picked up almost straight away.

"Hey" His warm honey voice soothed my senses.

"Hey, you'll never guess what Aiden just told me"

"Wait, you went to talk to Aiden?" I immediately felt guilt flush into my cheeks, reddening them.

"Yeah, I wanted to clear the air" I answered but I could tell he wasn't agreeing.

"Peyton, that was dangerous, did he try anything?" Gale said through gritted teeth, I adored the way he cared.

"No, I think we've sorted things" I remembered the hug we shared and smiled cheerily.

"Good, shall I come over? Sounds like you've had a tiring day, I could come and cheer you up" I knew he was smirking his cheeky grin and it infected to me.

"Could you? You better hurry on over" I teased and he put the phone down. I stared at the device in my hand, he was actually coming over, now. Were we going to? Now could be the perfect time, our first time to go all of the way! I was beyond excited, first thing was first, to get my brothers out of the house, there was no way any action was going to happen with them in the same walls. I ran downstairs and thought of an excuse for them to leave.

"Don't you guys have anything better to do then hang around here?"  I pointed out and they looked between me and each other as if they were checking they were both thinking the same answer.

"No" Daniel stated and they went back to scrolling and texting on their phones.

"Well don't you want to go to the beach, or the mall or somewhere for a while?"

"Why?" Charlie looked at me and I stared back.

"I thought you might want to see Alex now, you haven't been there for a while" I wasn't the most persuasive person that was for sure but I think Charlie was actually considering the option so I continued. "She says how she loves to see you" He smiled and started texting. I waited for an agonising minute and luckily there was a reply.

"She said I can go over, I'll see you guys later then" It wasn't too difficult to push them out since they were clearly bored being here, now I just had Daniel and roughly 5 minutes to do so.

"Daniel, you should go see some mates or something" I ordered and he glared at me.

"I know what you're doing" I went tense and tried to act casual.

"What?"

"You're trying to get a free house" He knew, he had cracked me and now I didn't know whether to deny it because it was true. "I'll ring mum and tell her why you want a free house" Brilliant, now he was going to report to mum and I would be screwed, not in the good way.

"Oh yeah and what will you say?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"That you're having a party" He looked at me as if the answer was obvious, he thought I wanted a free house so that I could throw a party. I silently thanked the Lord.

"What?" I played along.

"It's obvious that you want to invite your mates over for a party" He looked proud of himself, I wanted to laugh in his face that he was wrong but now was not the time.

"I'm not having many friends over" I thought I may as well go along with his theory then deny it. "Well your welcome to stay with all us annoying, screaming, gossiping, giggling girls" His face crumpled at the thought and I smirked in success, he grabbed his coat and was soon out of the door. I had roughly two minutes and luckily my brothers had left just in time, I was hoping that Daniel wouldn't spot Gale's car coming up the street but it was unlikely.

I ran frantically up the stairs almost tripping halfway up and ran towards my underwear draw, I rummaged around until I found the most appealing underwear I had, a white laced thong with a matching lace and ribbon bra. Stripping down I changed and just as I fixed my clothes back on there was a knock on the door and my heart almost burst out of my chest. I raced back down the stairs and flew at the door handle, Gale stood grinning at me and before I could welcome him in he picked me up at the waist and spun me, I securely wrapped my legs around his waist and breathed in his scent, he smelt slightly of sweat but it was sweet and alluring. We he placed me down our lips colliding with passion. The kiss deepened quickly and his hands gently found my back, gripping at my t-shirt. I pushed my fingers through his hair and he moaned softly into my mouth and I smiled against his lips. The rhythm was overpowering, giving me a shudder of excitement. I then left his lips and lured his by the hand to my room.

When we hit the covers he lifted himself above me and our legs entwined, his skin soft and giving me goose bumps, I could hear his heart pounding against my body. He moved his delicate kisses onto my torso and I sat slightly allowing him to strip me if my clothes, when I was down to my underwear he paused for a moment to look me up and down and bit his lip in response, that was enough. I pounced onto him pulling his t-shirt over his head and threw it somewhere, anywhere, I didn't care. We wriggled and breaths escaped my mouth every time he hit a tender spot. His fingers traced my rib cage and mine were fixed onto his back, feeling the contractions and tension. His hands continued to stray across my skin and soon when we were ready we continued, further until we were at the height of emotions. My screams encouraged him and soon sweat had covered our skin, eventually we were done and out of energy, I collapsed next to him feeling the sweat trickle from my skin onto his. He wrapped a hand around my back, pulling me closer and we kissed a tender, seductive, longing kiss. I had never been so pleasured.